|Job Ref:||DE01191||Employer:||Interserve||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Post Date:||15/10/2016 00:06|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
We are looking for a Graduate Researcher to support the continued growth of Interserve Learning & Employment through high quality research and analysis of national and local policy, labour market intelligence, economic data and wider studies.
The successful candidate will manage and deliver a range of bespoke research projects across a range of employment, skills and welfare issues that contribute to a variety of business development projects within the Business Development Team to help win bids.
This is a fixed term opportunity for approximately 6 months.
We require a skilled, dynamic and enthusiastic researcher to support the ongoing growth and development of the business. The position requires the post holder to:
• Undertake desk based research using a variety of tools, techniques and methods
• Have outstanding written and oral skills
• Create succinct, concise research reports
• Be able to use IT systems to a high standard including MS products such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Work in a high paced busy environment
• Play an active and direct role within the bid development process, including providing supporting material to help with the planning, analysis of customer requirements, solution, storyboarding and the production of high quality bid responses Work with colleagues across the business and Business Development Team to provide analytical expertise
• Contribute to work winning activity through high quality research
• Operate in a flexible and responsive manner
Knowledge skills & experience
• Educated to degree level with a recognised qualification (business, research, educational, social science or other relevant subject) which shows experience / knowledge of conducting research
• A genuine interest in research and labour market data
• Evidence of conducting high quality research using a range of desk based techniques and data sources
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideal for presenting and sharing findings and results of research
• Understanding, knowledge and experience of using online data tools such as NOMIS, DWP Tabulation, ONS
• Understanding and knowledge of different research techniques (both quantitative and qualitative) to support research reports
• Strong IT skills, in particular proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Accuracy in handling and understanding data
• Ability to present data effectively
• Ability to distil complex information into key messages and produce focused reports
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under time pressure and prioritise
• Attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and understand new data sources and analytical tools
• Flexible and dynamic approach to work whilst being highly organised
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and work to multiple deadlines
• Enthusiastic and good team worker
• Ability to produce research content quickly, and to a high standard, in order to meet challenging deadlines
• Listen & communicate carefully and effectively
• Be able to work within a team environment and also on own
• Ability to understand the organisation, the service being offered, the customer and the wider market
• bility to work under pressure in a target driven environment and must be extremely self-motivated
• Willingness to travel and work flexibly
•Awareness, knowledge and understanding of either of the following sectors: welfare to work; skills; health; or justice
Working for us, you'll need to be a people person and you will be representing and promoting of our values. Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment with Interserve Learning & Employment will be subject to a satisfactory check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to providing services which embrace diversity and which promote equality of opportunity. We also offer a guaranteed interview scheme for applicants with a disability who meet our minimum selection criteria.
About the company
Interserve Learning & Employment has a strong position in the education, skills and employability markets, with a significant share of the Work Programme and delivery across the country as one of the largest private sector suppliers of Apprenticeships.
Our ever-expanding team, of over 800 dedicated people, provides tailored support to help individuals in a range of situations: including young people leaving school and looking for the first step in their career, people in work who need help to progress through in-work training, people who have an illness which has prevented them from completing their journey into employment, and people who are ex-offenders wanting to turn their lives around, get back to work and re-join society. Whatever challenges someone faces, when they come to us, they receive flexible support to make sure they get the right help for them.
Working for Interserve Learning & Employment comes with a variety of benefits (equating to £1300 - £2400 per annum) such as:
• Mileage (40p per mile)
• Company Pension Scheme
• Healthcare Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
• Childcare Vouchers
• MyInterserve Perks (saving employees up to £1000 per annum!)
• Sharesave/Share Incentive Plan Schemes
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Life Assurance