|Job Ref:||CHRFDE41854||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£ 28 - £ 35 per hour||Post Date:||15/10/2016 00:31|
Development Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engines business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of engine technology? Do you have a background as a development engineer? Do you have knowledge of IC engines and are you able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to support our current products, working closely with designers, manufacturing and test engineers to validate cost and quality improvements.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end development process for engine components and systems. This gives true product ownership and the opportunity to see products through to volume production.
* Development and validation work with core, air, fluid and after-treatment systems and components.
* Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
* Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
* Preparing technical reports to sign off validated components and systems.
* Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
* Support field and production issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions.
* Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.
* Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
* Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
* Development experience of engine components and systems, including both rig and whole engine testing.
* Good understanding of engine design
* Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
* Excellent communications skills & Teamwork
* Knowledge of engine systems
* Experience of driving and participating in FMEA
* Knowledge and usage of TeamCentre - data management software
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading engine business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.