|Job Ref:||Transplan1JS||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£ 20,000 - £ 50,000 per year, Holiday Pay + Pension||Post Date:||15/10/2016 00:32|
Are you a highly driven and motivated Transport Planner seeking a new career? Do you have experience within consultancy? Are you looking for a large employer which works on different projects? STOP! Don't look anywhere else; we have the perfect role for you which you can start right now.
An exciting opportunity has arisen, to join an established, successful and exciting client to help develop and build; we are looking for an experienced Transport Planner, who is motivated, great work ethic, and focused. They will be based in the Cardiff office.
* Good and sociable working hours
* between £20,000 - £50,000 per year (plus holiday pay)
* Excellent working environment
* Secure permanent job
* Onsite parking
* Great company pension scheme
Responsibilities will include:
* Effective planning and organisation of vehicles and drivers in order to achieve optimum resource utilisation
* Monitoring the daily plan, highlighting delays and issues
* Daily interaction with drivers and customers
* Communicating with internal and external colleagues
* Producing data for KPI reports
* Liaise with company workshops/service providers to ensure excellent vehicle maintenance standards
* Administrative duties to support the transport operation
* Briefing and debriefing drivers etc.
* Pre-advising of deliveries and rescheduling missed deliveries,
* Ideally - previous experience of planning and routing vehicles in a fast-paced transport environment
* Ideally - working knowledge of transport legislation and its application - driver's hours etc
* Must have strong IT skills (particularly MS Excel)
* The ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
* Excellent administration and communication skills coupled with a commitment to customer care
* Excellent Analytic skills
This role will suit you if you have previous experience in a transport operation and are keen to progress in this environment. You will need excellent general IT capability and will be analytic by nature.
This role will be open for the next couple of weeks, so if you are interested in applying for this great position, please do not hesitate to apply by using the button below. Alternatively please call and speak with Jake on NA if you are interested.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.