Requisition ID: |
Manager of Proposals
The Manager of Proposalsis responsible for the development, approval, and finalization of large, complex proposals. Establishes standards to meet organization objectives in proposal activities. Assists in the preparation and review of proposals and directs proposal preparation. Obtains proposal approvals from business development management. Coordinates proposal activities with other functional services and global business units throughout Bechtel. Reports to and receives operational and functional guidance from the global Head of Proposals. Supervises proposals specialists and support personnel. Coordinates with the Head of Proposals on proposal strategy, development, and the approval process. Coordinates with the Head of Proposals on the availability of proposal production and other support services, including graphics, editing, and printing. Coordinates with functional managers and project managers on the gathering of information required for proposals.
- Leading the proposal process and team from initial analysis of the bid documents to preparation of the proposal and submission
- Prepares the proposal plan and organizes the proposal schedule which includes:
- Arranging a kickoff meeting, and preparing proposal outline, budget and schedule.
- Distributing proposal support information and available competitor data to the proposal team for review.
- Directing the execution of the proposal preparation schedule, including cost control, schedule of events, management review meetings and reconciliation of comments.
- Submitting a draft proposal to management for approval prior to publishing.
- Arranging publication of the proposal document and delivery to client.
- Manages a proposal team drawn from several technical and support disciplines throughout the proposal process
- Develops proposal guidelines and assumes responsibility for the quality, content, format, and appearance of proposals. Provides follow-up material and clarification of proposals upon client request.
- Participates in post-proposal debriefs, gathers client feedback and suggestions, and makes recommendations to improve overall quality.
- Performs special assignments related to business development and proposal activities.
- Develops generic proposal material. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited University preferred with significant related experience.
- Travel necessary as required.
Demonstrated skill in:
- Experience in the development of qualification documents, contracts, proposals, and client presentations.
- Skill in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability to coordinate information to reach a final document.
- Previous experience in proposal management and related work preferred.
A team player and self-starter with the ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- Preparing proposals, qualification documents, presentations, and other marketing materials.
- Attention to detail and the ability to deal with complex technical information.
- Persuasive written and oral communication, including conceptualizing effective graphics to present complex technical, organizational, or procedural material.
- Management functions, including the ability to lead multidisciplinary proposal teams and train participants in required skills or procedures.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.