Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
The candidate will work within a Mechanical Field Engineering discipline for a particular areas of the project. Provides Field engineering assistance to Subcontractor Field engineers and Superintendents, verifies materials, equipment, and quality and assures results meet design requirements.
The Mechanical Field Engineer reports to the Lead Mechanical Field NA responsibility is including but not limited to the following:
- Review preparation of construction drawings and schedules.
- Identify the scope of work for the package according to Bechtel work process procedures.
- Perform material take-off.
- Assemble work packages.
- Work with Responsible Superintendent to plan and development of work package boundaries before commencing the work.
- Update existing work packages to reflect changes in the scope of work or documentation.
- Ensure that the latest revision of all work package documents is included in the work package.
- Estimate quantities and job hours based on control schedule quantities, Jobhours.
- Ensure databases are populated with work package identifiers.
- Ensures preliminary work steps requiring tests prior to work proceeding (hold/ Witness points or other special conditions) are noted in the work package.
- Prepare/Approve ITP (Inspection Test Plan).
- Coordinate with affected disciplines if the work scope requires cross-disciplines review.
- Perform work package review and closeout.
Other Remarks/Qualifications ( Indicate any skills not available in the SAP Skills Catalog along with the appropriate proficiency levels)
The candidate shall have a strong experience in installation of Rotating and Static equipment and shall have a good experience in managing Subcontractor work based. The scope of work is including but not limited to installation of the following equipment:
1-Gas Turbine Generator.
3- Centrifugal Pumps.
4- Mechanical packages.
5- Hot Oil Fired Heaters.
- NA. Degree in Mechanical Engineering with aextensive field construction experience.
- Experience in oil, gas, refinery or petrochemical construction project.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards is required.
- Knowledge of installation of Mechanical Equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook, Client management procedures, and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- Familiar with Bechtel's Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's "Zero Accidents" safety program.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Experience managing technical services subcontracts is desirable
- Excellent communication and problem solving ability
This position is based in Alexandria Egypt and applicants mustalready possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.