|Job Ref:||204792972||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£70000 - £100000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:16|
I am partnering one of the largest civil engineering and construction company and their Infrastructure global business unit is establishing a dedicated claims capability (Claims Group), based in London, comprising experts in claim preparation including specialist(s) in forensic scheduling and quantum.|
The team will begin with a small core group and develop over time to meet the needs of the business. The team will work closely with the legal department. The Claims Group will provide claim preparation services itself, for projects around the world which do not have a sufficient dedicated claims team, and also provide expertise, strategy input and quality control on an ad hoc basis to dedicated project claims teams. In view of this dual role, the members of the London-based team will be experienced, senior professionals capable of providing strong leadership.
This role is for the leader of the Claims Group. The candidate will accordingly need the ability to:
- Help establish and lead the team
- Prepare claims
- Support others preparing claims
The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of all the disciplines involved in claim preparation and be conversant with methodologies for scheduling and quantum aspects of claims.
The role will involve:
- Setting up claims preparation routines for the Infrastructure business
- Co-ordinating assignment of personnel in both the London-based team and on projects, including recruitment where appropriate
- Working directly with projects to gather facts and evidence
- Working with the legal team to establish appropriate bases of claim
- Drafting claims
- Providing expert support to claims teams on projects
- Maintaining oversight of claims activities in the Infrastructure business
The role may involve:
- Providing strategic commercial support to the business and projects
- Providing support and advice for mediations and arbitrations
- Undertaking claims reviews/audits to identify potential claims or claims problems and process improvement opportunities
- Training project contract administration staff in the identification, preparation, mitigation and management of claims
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in a construction, engineering, legal or commercial discipline
- Significant relevant experience with a major civil construction contractor (preferably) or consultancy
- Extensive knowledge of commercial management, valuations, costs, pricing and demonstrated awareness of construction project commercial and risk issues
- Working with experts where necessary, demonstrated ability to understand construction schedules and the analysis of delays based on such schedules. Very familiar with concepts such as concurrent and parallel delays, excusable/non-excusable, compensable/non-compensable
- Working with experts where necessary, demonstrated ability to design methodologies for preparing and presenting quantum aspects of claims
- Very good knowledge of construction and engineering contracts, contract law and contract interpretation
Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to produce professional, high quality written claims, presentations or advice in a construction environment relating to additional time and money.
We really want to hear from you and would love to check out your portfolio.
We actively take a few excellent candidates to the market each month. A customized campaign based on your interests and career goals. Obviously, the client company we place you with pays our fee, so there is no cost to you. I'm putting together my project plan for this month/next and wanted to discuss having you in the mix-that would only be the case if you were not hired for this role!
Even if you are currently happy and not considering a change at this time, this opportunity is worth a few minutes to hear more about. If not for yourself, one of your fortunate colleagues might be grateful that you passed it along.
Let me know the best time/number to contact you.
Focus Point Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer