|Job Ref:||204793107||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:16|
Senior Contracts Manager |
Kier Workplace Services provides specialist teams and technology solutions to help plan, manage and improve our clients' workplaces. This provides our clients with access to solutions not readily available in their own organisations. It also enables our clients to focus on their core business, while Kier takes care of the rest.
Our key clients include the Royal Opera House, Royal Shakespeare Company, Legal and General, Kent County Council, Oldham Council, BAE and the London Borough of Southwark. We also work with a number of schools and academies, the Welsh Government and hold a major contract with the NHS in Yorkshire and Humber.
Kier Workplace Services is looking to recruit a Senior Contracts Manager to manage a number of PFI contracts within the North region, supporting and mentoring a team of contract managers and their associated teams. In addition, you will provide the technical focal point for the region ensuring standardisation and compliance at all times.
You will report to the Regional Manager but will have full autonomy and lead the strategy for your region working in close conjunction with internal stakeholders and the client contacts.
This role will require the management and support function of various subcontractors as required by the contract specification. You will progressively develop the operations teams to meet contract growth requirements and client expectations.
The role will set and confirm both Technical and Soft Services compliance standards across the contracts, assisting and supporting the operational management teams as instructed. Providing visibility to the business and client of all operational compliance obligations required. Specific areas of compliance include:
* Legal compliance (With regard to Technical Statutory requirements and Regulations)
* Technical mechanical, electrical, water, F-Gas, Gas and fabric compliance
* Industry best practice compliance e.g. HTM's Technical ACOPS and HSE Technical Guidance.
* Contractual compliance (ensure the company meets its contracted obligations)
* SLA / KPI compliance
* Compliance with SIA (Security Industry Authority)
* Quality Assurance compliance
* Environmental compliance
* Safety & Health compliance, by being aware of such obligations, assisting the Safety and Health professionals within the business
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Full driving license
* Enhanced DBS Clearance
* Relevant Industry qualifications or equivalent UK Standard
* Good communicator both verbally and written with a good level of computer literacy
* Managing IOSH Certificate
* CSCS Card
* Knowledge of working at height/IPAF/PASMA
* PFI experience
* Knowledge of statutory requirements and current legislation
* Substantial practical experience
* Recognised apprenticeship, NVQ or equivalent training programme, qualifications are relevant to skill base (refer to trade description)
* Relevant management training
* Have an in depth knowledge and experience in building services, statutory regulations and compliance
* Candidate should ideally have experience of operating safe systems of work on electrical systems, specifically HV and LV Systems
* Candidate should have experience in an Approved Person Role
* A current non front line SIA licence would be an advantage
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer