|Job Ref:||204793403||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum plus package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:16|
Senior Systems Development Engineer |
Our Clients Rail Division provides engineering, design consultancy and specialist services to the rail industry. They have a number of well-established Rail Systems Design Centres throughout the UK, and the teams in those centres are delivering a wide variety of complex and technically challenging projects around the country and overseas. They work directly with Network Rail and organisations such as TfL and TfGM, with contractors, TOCs, developers of rail freight facilities and other organisations engaged in the implementation of rail projects.
As Senior Systems Development Consultant you will be required to deliver innovative technical work to a plan achieving time, quality and cost as part of our multi-discipline teams or on behalf of our clients in project teams. In this role you will be required to lead and mentor more junior members of staff to enable the team to achieve its objectives. You will need to demonstrate the ability to take on and lead a broad range of systems engineering activities and be able to plan work packages using project management methods. Candidates will also be required to contribute to business development through continuous improvement of our System Integration Management toolkit and also by identifying and pursuing new opportunities as well as contributing to bids as and when required.
Suitable candidates should possess an engineering or physical science degree and have chartered status with a relevant professional body. You will be a suitably qualified Systems Development engineer with hands on experience in design, construction or operations in the heavy rail and metro domains. Candidates must have strong technical capability in systems engineering and excellent communication skills with the ability to project manage defined packages of work. Candidates must be highly proficient in the use of IT applications, in particular IBM DOORS and MS Visio and Excel.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Deploying high standards of technical practice in Systems Integration, including having a working knowledge of relevant standards.
• Lead the capture, development and management of requirements on a major engineering programme.
• Lead the development and use of systems architectures through the appropriate use of tools and techniques.
• Support the technical consultancy on RAM, Ergonomics, EMC, performance simulation, risk and other related SE activities.
• Support the continuous development of an IT based Systems Integration Management tool kit.
• Support the Service Leader in the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities.
• Be able to apply pragmatic best practice systems engineering techniques to support bids and tenders.
• Follow company safety, quality, environmental, commercial and project management procedures are followed as relevant to tasks undertaken.
• Degree, in relevant engineering discipline.
• Chartered Membership of a relevant professional body
• Project management experience an advantage.
• Rail, Metro or Transport experience an advantage.
• Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience in a project environment with good customer relationship and stakeholder management skills.
• Good skills in IBM DOORS, MS Excel, Visio, Word and Access.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality