|Job Ref:||204797382||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Haywards Heath||Address:||Post Code:||RH16||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum Benefits package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:16|
Our client, a national property and engineering consultancy, are looking for a well-qualified Associate Director of Building Control who will join their Haywards Heath subsidiary team, who focus on commercial and public sectors. As part of the role, you will be required to provide leadership and support to the Directors whilst providing consultancy in building surveying and related services. This position presents the opportunity to work in both consultancy and client side roles. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced building surveyor to take on a new role within a quality-orientated consultancy, working across a range of buildings and infrastructure projects.
* Provide inspirational leadership, management and direction in a manner consistent with the Group's values.
* Undertake building surveying projects as part of expected duties.
* Provide technical and advisory guidance to clients, stakeholders and other technical team members.
* Ensure the teams Business Plan and financial targets are achieved.
* Effectively manage resources ensuring they are efficiently deployed.
* Deliver products and services in accordance with agreed customer requirements in terms of content, time, quality and programme.
* Meet business growth targets.
* Ensure BMS is implemented and used.
* Comply with Corporate Social Responsibilities policies, procedures and guidelines.
* Identify potential business streams and actively work in conjunction with the marketing plan.
* Support the NPS Groups in terms of Client development.
* This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required.
* Carry out duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
* Inspire a culture of excellence and continuous improvement, ensuring the delivery of high quality products and services which embrace quality standards.
* Demonstrate personal commitment to the Norse Way CSR strategy.
Requirements / Qualifications:
* Professional Chartered membership of CIOB or RICS
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in a Building Surveying related discipline
* Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain
* Extensive experience in a similar or related role
* Management experience
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
* Understanding of business planning, commercial risk management and financial management
* Demonstrable success in securing new business opportunities
* Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos