|Job Ref:||204797494||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bridgwater||Address:||Post Code:||TA6||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:16|
Location: Hinkley Point C, Somerset
About Kier Infrastructure UK:
Kier Infrastructure is the civil engineering arm of the Group. It delivers projects nationally and has significant expertise in the highways, energy, nuclear, rail, water and marine sectors.
We are at the forefront of the civil engineering industry, regularly delivering some of the most complex projects within our sectors. The challenges encountered by our employees on a daily basis serve to emphasise the commitment we make to our clients to achieve their needs.
* General site management, including completion of all records as required
* All Health and Safety issues on site, completion of records
* Communicating with the Operations Manager and other colleagues to monitor progress and inform of problems
* Ensure all work complies with relevant Safety, Health and Environmental legislation and that recycling takes place whenever possible
* Ensure proper use of plant and materials, keeping wastage to a minimum. Completing PUWER & LOLER sheets
* Carry out and complete excavation and cable laying work on the WPD network as directed
* Responsible for the monthly cost and value figures for the area
* Carry out on the job training of team members where necessary
* Any other suitable duty requested of you
* Holder of a Full UK Driving Licence
* Network Experience
* NRSWA Supervisor
* Cat & Genny Trained
* 5 day site safety Managers qualification
* Able to use an electronic device for recording work details
* Strong communication skills, contributing to a professional telephone manner
* Excellent interpersonal skills for dealing with clients
* Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
* Highly organised individual with a strong attention to detail
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer