|Job Ref:||204797533||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£NEG Negotiable||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:16|
We are seeking 4x Architects to join our client on a permanent basis in the West Midlands! Our client is an international engineering consultancy specialising in aviation, energy, rail and engineering. They are a leading UK construction and regeneration group with decades of experience. Due to an expanding workload they are now seeking Architects to join them on a permanent or contract basis! |
Responsible for directing, coordinating, and exercising functional authority for planning, organisation, control, integration, and completion of assigned projects.
* Evidence of Architectural design to a range of different buildings and elements.
* Work to own initiative and required to supervise team members including Technicians, Graduates and trainees. Supporting professional development accordingly.
* Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief in a lead capacity to small and medium sized projects
* You will interact with various internal and external contacts and take responsibility for the delivery of projects within time, quality and budget constraints.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
* Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate the technical and management aspects on assigned projects
* Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to Architectural design, sustainability and specification.
* Review and approve technical design phases of projects. Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of deliverables and record documentation in accordance with company QA procedures
* Create designs and highly detailed drawings and design solutions both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
* Liaise with the customer, project end-users and other construction professionals about the feasibility of a proposed project, including any constraining factors such as planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
* Write and present reports, proposals, applications and contracts
* Make sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
* Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
* Interact and negotiate with customer project representatives
* Take responsibility for project and multi-disciplined design team management as lead architect. Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
* Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations. Represent MSPS in external project technical meetings if required
* Attend in-house design courses and seminars and feedback to the rest of the department if required.
* Prepare and manage project controls such as; Enquiry plan, TRB review, fee estimate sheets/cost of further work, scope of work and change control preparation.
* Promote and achieve excellent service through Perfect Delivery
Qualifications and training
* Degree in Architecture leading to RIBA chartered membership
Technical skills and experience
* Fully conversant with the procedures adopted within the rail industry including;
Presentation of designs to asset engineers for appropriate sign off
Design guidelines - red materials for specification purposes
Project processes and gateway review procedures
CAD standards and document issue process
* Excellent design and technical detailing ability and competent drafting skills in the following;
Good freehand sketching ability
AutoCAD / AutoCAD ADT or Revit
3D drawing production
NBS specification writer
* High levels of creativity, imagination, vision and enthusiasm to produce distinctive architectural solutions
* A good knowledge in the production of technical specifications and the ability to use NBS Building and Create.A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
* Knowledge of CDM regulations
* Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
* High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. word, excel, etc.
* Good time management skills to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery of tasks under their remit
* Effectively manage own time across multiple tasks and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines.
* Ability to work well within a team of other professionals (Civil Structural engineers, service engineers etc) in delivering designs to satisfy the agreed brief
This company offer market leading salary and benefits including:
26 days hols - 1 extra day for every 2 years' service. Staff can buy 5 extra days and carry 5 over from 1 year to another, plenty of free parking, large potential for career progression, showers and changing facilities on-site, diverse workload, great sports and social culture within the business, generous pensions and staff discount schemes.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information please call Jake Jessey on (Apply online only) or email and quote JJ10808, or apply directly using the "Apply" option below