|Job Ref:||204797592||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Falkirk||Address:||Post Code:||FK2||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:16|
Kier Utilities is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor, who will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor. The successful post-holder will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.
* Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
* Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management
* Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
* Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
* Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
* Implement all of Kier Group's policies including those for SHE and risk management
* Promote Kier Group's values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds the relevant qualifications Degree
* Experience within a similar role
* Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
* Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
* Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
* Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer