|Job Ref:||204797714||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sandbach||Address:||Post Code:||CW11||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
Location: Sandbach M6, Nr Stoke
Kier Infrastructure is looking to recruit a Section Engineer to work in conjunction our joint venture partners on our Smart Highways projects on the M6.
* Assist in the preparation of 'as-built drawings'.
* Establishing effective systems to record work completed updating the Project Quality Plan accordingly.
* To assist in managing systems to enable the progress of work to be reviewed against time, quality, dimensions and quantity.
* Assist in the recording and testing of workmanship and materials, i.e., drainage, concrete, piling, brickwork etc.
* Provides engineering support to ensure technical problems are overcome and technical queries are answered.
* Responsible for setting out works constructed within allowable tolerances.
* Regularly checking the setting out points and benchmarks and checking that all setting out instruments and measuring equipment are delivered to site with a calibration certificate and recorded accordingly.
* Ensures workforce understand setting out information has been identified as suitable for the type of work being carried out.
* Assist in the preparation of sketches for distribution on site, ensuring clear communication channels are in place for effective understanding
* To be aware of the provisions of the Kier Safety, Health and Environmental Management System and to assist in its implementation to ensure a safe working environment.
* Responsible for providing and maintaining setting out and dimensional control, to ensure accurate construction of the work.
* Familiar with Quality Management System.
* Record instructions.
* Maintain drawing register.
* Related HNC/Degree or equivalent.
* Experience in a similar role
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 25,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer