|Job Ref:||204793416||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birkenhead||Address:||Post Code:||CH42||Salary:||£22000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
Our client is looking for a Senior Claims Handler to join their expanding insurance firm based in Birkenhead. This is a modern forward thinking and vibrant company to work for, who promote an excellent work life balance, offering talented and driven people real career opportunities.|
Your role will be to support the Claims function by processing new and existing claims in line with the Warranty Document process, aiding and supporting Claims Operations Manager and Head of Claims, liaising as necessary with Technical Surveyors and operating strictly within FCA regulations and guidelines.
* To assist in developing an efficient process to deal with all new claims applications, operating in line with TCF and general FCA principles
* To operate all new claims processes, ensuring applications are dealt with efficiently and relevant referrals to Line Manager and/or Technical Surveyors are made as appropriate.
* To use the BIS system and the Claims database to log, track and pro-actively action claims to meet claim workflow SLA's.
* To deal with small to medium sized aggregate claims, and to assist the Claims Managers in dealing with higher value claims, maintain the file audit trail and progress the claim until completion, keeping all relevant bodies updated of the claim progress at all times
* To identify to the Head of Claims contentious/litigious issues at the earliest opportunity.
* To notify the Claims Managers, Technical Claims Manager or Head of Claims of any early indication of large loss claims
* To ensure that Insurers and other external bodies, as appropriate, are kept fully up-dated of currently Claims on a regular basis and documentation provided as required in line with Department procedures.
* To achieve all Key Performance Indicators, including the achievement of agreed customer service improvement targets, as directed by the Managing Director.
* To maintain professional competence by complying at all times with the Company's Training and Competency Procedures.
* To ensure that client files in relation to Claims are reviewed in accordance with the Company's compliance plan, findings recorded and information reacted to as part of the Company's management information process.
* To comply at all times with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and FCA Rules.
* To understand and comply with, Quality Management Systems Procedures.
* To undertake any other duties as reasonably required
* Good knowledge of the Company's claims systems and procedures
* Working knowledge of FCA Regulations
* Proven experience of understanding and the importance of providing excellent customer service
* A general understanding of the insurance market and related products
* A good understanding of latent defects principles
* Ability to deal professionally with clients/management/staff at all levels
* Ability to motivate self and others and display a positive attitude in the workplace
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral
* Achievement or target focused to be able to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
Salary is £22k-35k Depending on experience