|Job Ref:||204793985||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Heywood||Address:||Post Code:||OL10||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
Demob Job Reference: J2694|
Job Title: Field Operations Supervisor
Location: Heywood, Lancashire
Salary: Circa £30,000 DOE
Our client is a well-established lift maintenance and manufacturing company. They now have a requirement for a Field Operations Supervisor to join their existing team. The successful candidate will travel to customer sites and will visit construction sites and survey lift shafts to ensure conformance with the client's requirements and then monitor the site progress and arranging the installation works with the Project Manager and the site management.
Although not essential, this may be well suited to candidates coming from a (ex-military) mechanical/electrical engineering background i.e. British Army (REME, RE), Royal Navy or Royal Air Force.
- Manage and monitor the Health and Safety of the client's onsite operatives and sub-contractors.
- Liaise with customers on site regarding the work to be undertaken, referring to instructions.
- Carry out the installation as per instructions, ensuring work is completed and the equipment is working efficiently.
- Report any additional defects found.
- Immediately report to the office regarding any defects or issues that are considered unsafe or dangerous.
- Accurately complete all service related reports and submit them to the office.
- Offer competent technical assistance when required.
- Ensure each repair is completed within the allocated time and budget allowed.
- When required, carry out fault diagnosis and accurately identify components which are faulty.
- Update the office after each customer visit is completed.
- Ensure the compliance of company procedures, such as Health and Safety; Environmental; Quality for all areas under your direct control.
- Housekeeping of all elements including premises, people, equipment and vehicles to the highest possible standard in order to portray a professional image.
- Display a proactive, can-do attitude within the organisation, with a culture of right first time and ownership of problems.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to lead and manage a small team within a similar role.
- Mechanical/electrical installation knowledge would be advantageous.
- Ability to read and understand engineering / architectural drawings would be advantageous.
- Good technical background with the ability to fault find, diagnose and carry out repairs.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer facing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- IT Literate.
- Flexible approach to work - willing to travel to client's sites.
- Salary circa £30,000 depending on experience.
- Monday to Friday - 45 hours.
- Company Vehicle/Allowance.
- Training provided.
- 25 days holiday, including bank holidays.
- Opportunity to join a very successful and growing company.
- Challenging and varied working environment