|Job Ref:||204794460||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
Managing Quantity Surveyor|
Location: Liverpool / North West England
Kier Construction Northern seek to recruit a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join the expanding team in our Speke, Merseyside office. The successful applicant will provide the project team(s) with commercial support.
* Responsible for the commercial management of a large project or a number of multiple projects, ensuring that all commercial processes and procedures are followed.
* Ensure works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value.
* Ensure costs are managed and ensuring subcontract accruals and liabilities are properly assessed to determine True Cost. Works in collaboration with the site team to maximise value and minimise cost.
* Ensure the project procurement schedule is maintained.
* Responsible for the procurement of subcontractors on agreed terms. Maintains the project risk and opportunity schedule, ensuring that risks are mitigated and opportunities realised.
* Degree, or equivalent experience
* Full Driving license
* Suitable Commercial experience in Construction projects, including cost and value reconciliations.
* Experience of identifying and managing commercial risks and opportunities.
* A good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation.
* Excellent communicator (written & verbally with clients, colleagues and the public)
* Good organiser & ability to prioritise
* Professionally qualified in a relevant commercial discipline
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
For more information visit (url removed)
Kier is an equality and diversity employer