|Job Ref:||204794847||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Guildford||Address:||Post Code:||GU1||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
Kier Highways is looking to recruit a Works Engineer, who will report to the Lead Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for engineering aspects of the Highways Schemes Construction process. The work will range from relatively minor improvements schemes, through to large highways schemes.
• Engage with the client to advise on buildability, traffic management and other areas of engineering input during ECI stage.
• Pre-plan and mobilise Highways improvement schemes ready to be handed over to the supervisor for delivery.
• Review works information (PCI, STATs, drawing and specification) provided by the client to ensure complete and coherent information has been provided by the client for the scheme.
• Liaise with proposed supply chain, establish proposed programme.
• Raise requests for road space permits. Monitor and give further information during the process of agreeing road space.
• Write/assemble the site safety pack. This contains all information, PCI, drawings and proposed safe work methods for each individual scheme.
• Engage supervisors during the scheme pre-construction phase to utilise their knowledge and expertise in the pre-planning stage, and to allow the supervisor to gain understanding of the works ahead of construction.
• Produce and maintain a programme of individual highways capital work streams.
• Ability to review supply chain proposed working methods to check conformance to Kier standards and general safety regulations.
• Assist during the works delivery stage with engineering or technical input as required.
• Complete contractual records.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• HNC/HND, degree or diploma qualified (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline.
• SMSTS qualification.
• Relevant CSCS card for the grade
• Familiarity with general office IT software
• Good technical knowledge and awareness of highways
• Awareness and understanding of the CDM 2015 regs
• Knowledge and experience of temporary works
• NRSWA qualification, knowledge and experience of determining suitable traffic management for various types of works.
• Good communication skills (written & oral) required as the post holder will be required to liaise with all stakeholders.
• A good understanding of relevant health and safety legislation and codes of practice is required to ensure that safety is a primary consideration for all works.
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer