|Job Ref:||204795638||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gatwick||Address:||Post Code:||RH6||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
This leading organisation is actively seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their company working in a permanent position based on site at Gatwick. The position is to provide commercial management services in support of the delivery for existing and new customers. You will report operationally to the Operations Director and functionally to the Senior Commercial Manager, ensuring consistent commercial delivery through the life-cycle of various projects.
The Role of a Senior Quantity Surveyor:
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is to deliver robust cost reporting, procurement management, variation management, cash management and risk and opportunity management.
* Responsible for managing the commercial risks on various on-going projects.
* Managing proposed changes and projects to the agreed project scope, timescales and budgets
* Commercial reporting, forecasting, risk and opportunity management and providing commercial challenges to the contract team.
* Managing supply chain procurement to meet project programme requirements.
* Managing and resolving any upstream and downstream commercial tensions timeously and where appropriate to prevent escalation disputes.
* Supporting tendering teams in identifying and quantifying risk and opportunity in bids and tenders.
* Supporting and where necessary leading, key negotiations with prospective customers, partners, contractors and sub-contractors.
* Ensuring contractual imperatives are observed and discharged to protect the company's position and entitlements under Contract
* Managing the commercial performance of a series of projects of up to £10 million and ensure that strong commercial controls are in place.
* Some infrequent travel will be involved
You will ideally have:
To be successful in the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor you'll have a proven track record in a commercial management capacity within a contracting environment, ideally with M&E / airport / baggage handling industry experience delivering complex projects of a value of £10m+ as well as the following:
* Degreed qualified within a Quantity Surveying discipline
* Leading track record in negotiations skills and the ability to manage effectively
* Working knowledge and experience of a variety of contract forms - NEC 3 - essential
* Main contractor experience is essential
This position is for the world's leading materials handling company with a projected annual turnover in excess of 2 billion USD. The company has sales, design and manufacturing facilities as well as customer service and support locations based in the north and south of England, France, Asia and China.
£ Negotiable + Car allowance + excellent benefits
If this Senior Quantity Surveyor role is of interest, please forward your CV to Jenna Brown via the 'apply now' button.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position