|Job Ref:||204798577||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
One of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction groups. With approximately 5,550 employees working on a huge range of housebuilding and construction projects. As a FTSE 250 listed UK business, the company's focus is on delivering first class business solutions and building long-term relationships with our customers, employees, supply chain and communities they work in.
We have a fantastic new role available for a Design Manager to join a leading main / residential contractor
As a Design Manager, you will have responsibility of the Design function on particular residential projects. Using your excellent communication skills and personable manner the role holder will take ownership of technical matters.
Key to this role is experience of working on residential build developments as a Design Coordinator or Design Manager.
• Procure in a timely manner non design consultant's scope of services i.e. Ecology, Arboricultural, Archaeological and liaise with them to procure information to discharge planning conditions.
• Procure surveys and investigations and ensure that the contents of the work are coordinated with the consultant's information and that the company understand the impacts and responsibilities they have on the works and sub-contractors respectively.
• Monitor the discharge of planning conditions assisting the architect in the provision of information were necessary.
• Coordinate consultant, sub-contractor and supplier design information to ensure the flow of information allows for coordinated design by the lead consultant and design reviews are undertaken and completed in line with programme requirements.
• Monitor the submission of Building Regulations and warranty applications ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner and that conditions are discharged when information becomes available such as sub-contractor design, air testing and commissioning certificates etc.
• Review design consultants drawings against contract, legislative or technical requirements and identify efficiencies which can be made whilst still meeting the aforementioned requirements.
• Apply for temporary (site supply) and permanent utility disconnections, diversions, new connections and energy supplies in a timely manner and coordinate this information with design consultants to ensure construction drawings align with the requirements of the utility providers.
• Ensure the project is fully implemented in strict accordance legislation.
• Procure naming of streets and postal addresses in direct communication with the Local Authority.
• Agree with the Local Authority the provision of street name plates.
• Ensure the timely submission of technical information in relation to highways and drainage section agreements and complete the necessary application forms and schedule of legal requirements to enable the agreement to be formulated.
• Liaise with the Temporary Works Coordinator so he/she is fully aware of the section agreements applicable to each project and status of technical submissions and approvals.
• Organise consultant/sub-contractor design teams meeting throughout the project as deemed necessary
• Coordinate information and liaise with the BIM manager were necessary.
• Utilising the document controller, coordinate the production of the Health and Safety Files with the consultants and sub-contractors.
• Acting as mentor and manager of Design Coordinators.
Experience and Qualifications:
• A construction/design related professional qualification-HNC/HND/Degree.
• Prior experience as a Design / Technical Manager or Senior.
• Experience of working within the construction industry, ideally on Design and Build, new build, private spec housing, and social/affordable housing.
The company are able to offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects as well as a competitive salary and benefits package