|Job Ref:||204798713||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum DoE + Package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
Salary: up to £40k DoE + bonus + car allowance + bens
Excerpt: We are currently working with a leading National House Builder who are looking for an ambitious experienced Quantity Surveyor.
Working out of there office in Newcastle the successful candidate will be amongst a team of Quantity Surveyors providing a support network for the construction of new houses. As an experienced Quantity Surveyor you will manage the commercial delivery of up to 4 developments
The main responsibilities will include:
• Procurement of subcontractors in line with the schedule including issuing tender enquiries, detailed analysis of subcontractor quotations and negotiating MCD
• Make recommendations for the appointment of subcontractors, placing subcontract orders to facilitate accurate final account projections, overall cost control and holding pre-start meetings
• Producing site specific scope of works
• Raise subcontract orders, produce subcontractor payments
• Valuation of subcontract works, certification of payments and the issuing of withholding notices where appropriate
• Producing monthly CVR's and accurate final account projections
• Identifying opportunities or threats and assessing the financial effect on profit margin should these be realised
• Undertaking all commercial activities in accordance with the commercial reporting timetable
• Ensure the commercial delivery of multiple construction projects at any one time as well as achieving the monthly key deadline dates as outlined in the commercial calendar
• This is a great opportunity for someone to be part of an exciting future. You will be suitably qualified (HNC standard or above) with a minimum of two years industry experience, preferably in the private housing sector.
• A good understanding of the financial implications of the methods and sequences of build
• Strong technical knowledge & an understanding of the Construction Industry
• Outgoing and confident with excellent communication skills including an organised approach to work
• Awareness of codes of practice that impact on commercial matters e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
• Competitive Package including Salary, Bonus, Pension, Life Assurance, Car etc
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity please click 'apply' or contact Ben Brass on (Apply online only) for a Confidential Discussion