|Job Ref:||204798721||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Competitive subsistence allowance||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:17|
My client is currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specified project or range of projects.|
• Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
• In conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
• Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
• With other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
• Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
• Ensure that necessary interface information between customers, sub-contractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner
• Monitor cash flow and valuation plan, ensuring applications are made correctly and in a timely manner
• Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
• Assist in ensuring effective records are maintained to support claims and that applications for payment for variations are issued in a timely manner
• Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
• Ensure that subcontracts are placed in an appropriate manner to step down appropriate responsibilities from the Main Contract
• Ensure that each sub-contractor's account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
• Ensure that any insurance claims are notified in accordance with CSUK requirements and that appropriate data is compiled for insurance claims
• Assist the Project Management team member(s) in arranging and undertaking project reviews and issue of associated reports
• Provide accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line with the Company's reporting process
• Ensure compliance with BMS and Group Minimum Commercial Expectations
• Where appropriate and where used on the specified project, utilise BIM to support progress monitoring, provide commercial reporting and incorporate information to support change management, variations orders and encourage all sub-contractors/ supply chain members to integrate their work into BIM
• Live the Balfour Beatty Values
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
• Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities
Personal Qualities & Experience:
Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, some of which should have been obtained within a relevant business environment and a valid CSCS card are required. Membership of a relevant professional body and/or relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE.
The following are essential requirements for the role:
• Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
• Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
• Ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects
• Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
• Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles, together with the ability to draft and administer sub contracts
• Ability to implement procedures to quantify and cost construction works, including the use of appropriate standard methods of measurement
• Understanding of the requirements to provide and obtain Insurance, Bonds and Warranties
• Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office
• Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Enthusiasm and results focus, together with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Effective negotiation skills - both with internal and external customers
Results Driven: Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his/her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
Focus on Excellence: Willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations. Continually searches for ways to add value and take performance to the next level.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Puts aside personal agendas to work for the benefit of customers and suppliers and other stakeholders. Proactively builds knowledge through sharing knowledge, ideas and expertise with others.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Actively collects customer information and uses it to improve services and solutions. Manages the experience of customers to ensure positive relationships are established and maintained.
Operational Excellence: Plans and organises work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output. Delivers results consistently.
Adaptability: Learns quickly. Adapts positively to changing business and customer demands. Is energised by change