|Job Ref:||204798844||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crayford||Address:||Post Code:||DA1||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:18|
Job Title:Site Area Supervisor|
Location: Crayford, Kent
Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in maintenance/construction sector who is currently looking for an experienced Reactive Maintenance Area Supervisor. The role is full time and permanent offering an excellent salary package .This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
The purpose of the Responsive Maintenance Supervisor is to manage a strong team of maintenance & repair multi trade technicians and labourers , ensuring works are completed within set timescales and to customers satisfaction, providing a first class service. This role will also undertake pre/post inspections to ensure works scheduled meet the required needs, ensuring the jobs are allocated the correct duration, making sure that the right materials are provided and that the works carried out by work force is of the required standard.
- Hands-on line management of work force to include: - - Bi-monthly van inspections, ensuring the vehicles are fully and appropriately stocked and are in a clean and safe manner to drive
- - Regular 1-2-1`s, PDR reviews, managing performance, disciplinary procedures, absence management and recruitment of new staff
- - Actively checking Operative`s timesheets for payroll, ensuring works have been claimed accurately
- - Monitoring Operative`s whereabouts via tracking device, monitoring driving performance, ensuring Operatives are wearing correct PPE and lone working devices at all times in line with our Health and Safety/Lone Working Policies
- - Encouraging, motivating and developing the team, ensuring they are fully trained to carry out the works required and supervise if necessary
- - Ensuring your team remain skilled, flexible, customer focused and high performing
- Provide a reactive and responsive service, handling multiple tasks at one time and being able to manage time effectively and prioritise workload, working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Monitoring expenditure and minimising unnecessary spend
- Investigation of complaints, making appropriate reports and taking necessary action to resolve discrepancies as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Experience of managing a team
- Proven knowledge and experience of reactive maintenance in construction sector
- Knowledge of providing a responsive routine repairs
- Full current driving licence
- Experience of working within the construction sector is desired but not essential
- A relevant qualification such as ONC/HNC in Building Studies, construction or equivalent is highly beneficial, but qualified by experience will be considered
- Computer literate, able to comfortably use Microsoft Word, Excel, email and other systems (including hand held devices)
- A strong leader, able to confidently manage a team of Operatives
- A key team player, but works well using own initiative
- Excellent time management skills, able to handle multiple demanding tasks at one time, ensuring works are completed in order of priority
- A reactive worker, able to remain calm when under pressure, but also able to plan workload
- Assertive, personable and strong communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Highly organised and self-motivated, able to motivate others
- Customer focused, always striving to provide a good service
- Confident decision maker, comfortable in suggesting better ways of working, awareness of financial implications
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company