|Job Ref:||204798857||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Lyneham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Salary:||£36000 - £40000/annum + Company Vehicle||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:18|
An opportunity has arisen for a Responsible Person (Gas) to work as part of an estate management team for a prestigious brand name that is responsible for key defence and service contracts across the UK. You will receive a competitive starting salary, career progression and training opportunities, increased holiday entitlement and commercial vehicle.|
Key duties as a Responsible Person Gas will involve:
* Sole responsibility for the practical implementation and operation of Gas Safety.
* Ensure as far as reasonably practical that all persons within the establishment(s) observe the requirements of the Gas Safety Case.
* Provide professional and technical support, and advice, where required to maintenance teams, DIO and end users.
* Ensure compliance and adherence with Health and Safety, sustainability and fire procedures.
* Keep and maintain the Gas Safety Management Plan and records as required.
* Provide support and where directed, manage gas projects providing technical input and producing business cases.
* If required, travel to and support other teams.
* Maintain training, familiarisation and knowledge across all sites within the Service Delivery Area.
* If appointed within an establishment containing a hazardous area, actively communicate and co-operate with the hazardous area manager.
* Assess the competence of Gas Skilled Persons for appointment and review experience and performance before re-appointment, and at other times as necessary. Ensure skilled persons are aware of any restrictions related to their work.
* Where necessary, suspend the appointment of Skilled Persons.
* Produce risk assessments, method statements and where necessary safety programmes and Gas Permits to Work to a high quality.
* Attend and contribute to risk meetings.
* Review risk registers and follow maintenance and management processes.
* Reduce the number of corrective actions raised and close existing actions within agreed timescales.
To be successful in the role of Responsible Person Gas you will have demonstrated experience of managing and supervising staff in a civil, electrical or mechanical environment; have managed gas safe systems of work and have a HNC qualification in an electrical/mechanical engineering discipline.
Typical backgrounds can include; Electrical Distribution, Industrial electrical, HV, Electrical Technician or relevant experience in the RAF, Army or military services.
This position is to cover the Somerset area and therefore a driving licence is essential.
If you have all or most of the above then please apply today