|Job Ref:||204798906||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Rowley Regis||Address:||Post Code:||B65||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:18|
JOB SUMMARY: |
To safely and effectively manage the activities of the Infrastructure Maintenance Unit drawing upon the collective resources of the Division. To manage the Maintenance related procedures, controls and business on all the relevant projects, so as to maximise profits, customer service, and the use of company resources, whilst growing and developing the business on a national and international basis in line with Divisional strategy.
• Manage and control the assets, staff, labour force and equipment in the Contract Unit under your control to the greatest effect so as to ensure that the annual Budget is met each year. In the process ensure that the Monthly Profit & Loss, Key Performance Indicators management reports are accurate and consistent to meet the monthly targets set out in the Budget.
• Input to, develop and refine the Divisional strategy in conjunction with the Associate Director of Operations.
• Close consultation with the Associate Director of Operations ensuring that the Annual Budget, Developed one and three year Business Plans, CAPEX plan, Training and Health, Safety and Environment Plan for the Contract Unit under your control is properly implemented.
• Ensure a vigorous and highly motivated management team and workforce exists in your Unit by effective recruitment and selection, and by providing continuous training and the opportunity for development at all levels.
• Organise Contracts so that clearly defined objectives are attained though the effective use of assets, staff and operatives. Ensure all staff understand clearly and are properly monitored on, defined responsibilities for the execution, control and profitability of each Contract or parts of the Contract work being undertaken.
• Ensure that the tendered / budgeted profit margins are being achieved, positive action is taken to remedy any shortfalls and weekly accurate valuation / cost analysis / spot costings are drawn up for every contract or part of the project works.
• Ensure that each contract or part of the contract works is executed in a safe and efficient manner and that due care is taken to comply with all legislation relating to the health and safety.
• Ensure that all staff and operatives are made fully aware of the importance of tightly controlling all plant, equipment, haulage and materials so as to minimise the costs incurred for site and plant damage, material wastage, theft, and all types of accidents.
• Work closely with the Associate Director of Operations and senior management to continuously identify strategically aligned commercial opportunities for winning new work in the defined geographic area.
• Provide market intelligence that will input to business planning and budgeting requirements for the contracting elements of the Division and gain knowledge and understanding of competitors' processes as well as monitoring their commercial strategy and activity.
• Support, contribute to, and generate submissions of interest; pre-qualifications, tenders and other documentation as required in accordance with accepted processes and procedures.
• Develop bid strategies and win themes based on developed prospect knowledge and maximising the utilisation of synergies with regional Colas subsidiaries where they exist.
• Manage and assist where required the tendering activities within your unit to ensure it conforms to the objectives set out in the Business Plan.
• To ensure that all tenders and contracts outside your financial authority have been discussed and agreed with the Associate Director of Operations.
• Manage the control of sub-Contractors. Specifically ensure that all sub-contractors employed in your Unit meet the highest possible standards of workmanship and conform to all company health and safety and quality assurance procedures and that all sub-contract invoices are meticulously checked for errors and over-billing.
• Ensure all employees fully understand the work outputs and standards of quality that are required of them, that the performance of each employee is clearly and regularly monitored and disciplined when necessary.
• Manage the effective utilisation and maintenance of Plant, fleet and assets under your jurisdiction.
• Be accountable to, and regularly keep up to date, the Associate Director of Operations for the proper interpretation and fulfilment of his basic function and responsibilities
• Conduct such relationships within the industry, trade and professional associations as are necessary to further the company reputation and always give special consideration to the public image and standing of Colas with clients, employees and the public.
• Establish, develop and maintain client relationships at all levels and to provide strategic relationship management where appropriate including UK and international design consultants and contractors.
• Conduct every-day work activities in accordance with the company core values and maintain the highest standards of ethics and corporate compliance at all times.
• Always act in such a way as to further the company reputation and always give special consideration to the public image and standing of Colas.
• At all times, ensure that KPI's are achieved, or plans put in place to resolve negative KPI performance issues
• To promote the use of safe, sustainable, innovative in-house solutions and value management wherever possible.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
• Ideally a Chartered Member of an Institution with a recognised University or College Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering or Project/Contract Management
• Ideally a supporting qualification or formal training in Business Management - Degree level preferable
• Technical and legal/commercial qualifications / training
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES / SKILLS:
The successful candidate is likely to be currently employed managing a Unit of a significant Division or Region or a number of important sizeable contracts.
• Managing P&L in a contracting environment.
• Knowledge of the Airport / Military and Infrastructure sectors and its key processes
• Previous experience in Contracts and business management posts and strategy development
• Personally managing a portfolio of projects over up to £15m
• Completing complex projects on time, to quality standards and achieving profit targets.
• Needs to have all round technical understanding of the activities for which he / she is involved, probably gained over many years' experience
• Experience of finding positive solutions to complex problems
• Understanding and delivering stakeholder requirements
• Demonstrable track record of success in the work winning environment
• Strong commitment to Health & Safety, Business Improvement, Quality and Environmental principles
• Good knowledge of customer base for this sector and appropriate contacts with track record of expanding and developing clients
• Needs to understand all commercial aspects of the operations being controlled
KEY COMPETENCES REQUIRED
• Business Knowledge
• Personal Drive
• Management of Change
• Key Performance and Business Results of the Contract Unit and Division to be better than, targeted and budgeted
• Deliver year on year growth through the development of new business and sectors
• The maintenance of good key and strategic Client relationships
• Effective Health, Safety and Environment performance along with MSO Audits
• Motivation and leadership of staff - challenging, effective leader with desire to innovate and inspire
• Ability to drive and effectively deliver innovation, sustainability and continuous improvement