|Job Ref:||204798987||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Aberdeenshire||City:||Aberdeen||Address:||Post Code:||AB25||Salary:||£48000 - £53000/annum Competitive subsistence allowance||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:18|
My client is currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surevyor to provide full financial and contractual control, co-ordination of the efforts of all parties throughout the company involved in the execution of specified projects to the budgeted cost and programme, to the customer's satisfaction.|
Suitable candidates must be educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying with some evidence of formal management training. as well as experience in the following:
- Sound knowledge of various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Knowledge of construction and contract law
- Construction techniques on particular projects
- Working knowledge of plant, equipment and materials
- Working knowledge of labour costs, employment legislation and working rule agreements
- Managing Relationships
- Managing Customer Satisfaction
- Budget/Cost Management
- Deadline Management
Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company SHEQ procedures and work instructions.
2. Handle the contract and execute such financial reviews as are deemed necessary by the Area Surveyor/Commercial Manager in relation to the contract.
3. Take ownership of and be responsible for the project cost budget and provide guidance and direction on any varying circumstances.
4. Manage and maintain a contract cost reporting system. Effectively manage the financial status of the contract, the task and the people concerned within inputting to said reporting system in order that any reports can be produced timeously.
5. Establish programme commitments are being met and advise on action to be taken when this is not the case, whether as a result of a company breach or otherwise.
6. Have a budget covering materials and manpower and monitor expenditure with the assistance of the Finance Department to ensure accurate, up-to-date information is available and known.
7. Continually monitor projected costs to complete and control the costs within budget.
8. Identify potential overspend, ensuring early awareness of the exposure within the business to minimize cost overrun.
9. Monitor cash flow and invoicing plan ensuring applications are paid and allocated internally.
10. Ensure effective records are maintained to support claims and invoices for variations are issued in a timely manner.
11. Review subcontract packages and ensure that appropriate invitations to tender are actioned and issued.
12. Analyze the returned subcontract quotation and select quotations to be used, acknowledging that the cheapest price may not be the most appropriate.
13. Prepare subcontract documentation and ensure that all pertinent documentation is issued to the subcontract, signed and returned.
14. Prepare and issue schedule of subcontract valuation dates.
15. Assess subcontractors submitted valuation and if necessary initiate re-measure with subcontractor's surveyor. Issue appropriate notices as determined by the contract and statute.
16. Assist Project Manager in the commercial management of any subcontractor as required.
17. Clearly identify where unresolved issues require high-level discussion.
18. Meet the contract requirement for customer reporting.
19. Provide complete, regular and timely internal reports to the Area Surveyor/Commercial Manager which covers design submissions, material management, site performance, key dates/actions, commercial situations and major issues.
20. Clearly identify and report in a timely manner to meet contract needs where unresolved issues require higher level management action.
21. Assist the Area Surveyor/Commercial Manager in arranging and undertaking a project review and issue of associated reports.
22. To be fully aware o the requirements of the contract as a basis for controlling the operating departments within the specification, or achieving extra works orders.
23. Attend site as required by the Area Surveyor/ Commercial Manager.
24. Act within the limits of authority as defined within company procedures.
25. Ensure that contacts with clients by any company representative, or communication are conducted/presented in a professional manner, such that good relations are maintained.
26. Assist in the management and development of the trainee quantity surveyor and other surveying staff.
27. Any other duties as required by the Area Surveyor/Commercial Manager
- Ensure commercial control of project is maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Deliver margin in project at agreed minimum levels and ensure that it is cash backed
- Ensure variations to contract are priced and agreed at the earliest opportunity