|Job Ref:||204799072||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hilsea||Address:||Post Code:||PO3||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:18|
Job Summary: |
To provide an information and advisory service to the management and employees of colas ltd on health & safety matters in accordance with the dictates of legislation, company and group policy. To carry out site inspections, 18001 audits assist with training and update company policy as required.
• Undertake Health & Safety site inspections and produce clear concise and factual reports in a timely fashion
• Carry out BS18001:2007 Internal audits
• To co-ordinate Health & Safety activities within the company
• To advise Line management of trends and communicate information and data on LTI's to allow managers to take appropriate preventative action.
• Act as a point of advice for Line management
• Undertake Health & Safety training where required
• Promote and enhance Health and Safety awareness on site and within the company and continue to assist in the improved performance of the LTIFR and the reduction of incidents and unsafe acts.
• Ensure that all operations carried out within the company's area of responsibility are undertaken with full regards to the Health & Safety of visitors, other members of staff and yourself.
• Carry out other appropriate duties as assigned by the Assistant H&S Manager, H&S Manager and Head of H&S.
• Assist Line management to carry out incident investigations
• Advise and participate in the implementation of COSHH within the company
Minimum NEBOSH general certificate and membership of IOSH
H&S Knowledge via qualifications, site and process experience
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS:
• Good time management
• Excellent communicator
• Flexible approach
• Willing to travel and stay away
• Full driving license
• Must be a team player
• IT Literate
• Ability to build a rapport with managers and employees and supply chain
• Good sense of humour
• Audit corrective action plan - HSEQ; COSHH
• Environmental incident reporting
• H&S Incident investigation
• HSE Risk assessment
• HSEQ corrective action
• HSEQ preventive action
• Internal audit HSEQ; Legal compliance safety & environmental
• Near miss reporting
• Quality reporting
• Safety incident reporting & recording
• Toolbox talks
• Employee company cars;
• Employee performance appraisal
• Employee survey; fuel card