|Job Ref:||204799974||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northumberland||City:||Northumberland||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:18|
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Shift Technician to join a major FM company operating within the MoD environment in the Northumberland area. You will be required to undertake repair and maintenance work on all Building Services Installations within area of responsibility as part of a 24/7 shift team, providing a customer focused and cost effective service.|
* Provide support services for the effective, compliant and timely delivery of departmental duties in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
* To carry out the role of skilled person mechanical / electrical as defined in JSP 375.
* Manage a schedule of work and ensure all associated administration duties are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
* Review and contribute to Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and ensure compliance at all times.
* Work from drawings and specifications and other documentation without the need for direct supervision.
* Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
* Notify management of any defects on equipment or systems.
* Deliver continuous improvement within the scope of the role and keep to key performance indicators.
* Support the ongoing completion of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Security & Fraud and Sustainability processes and initiatives.
* Demonstrable practical experience in Commercial Electrical Works including:
* A good understanding of electrical requirements in a busy, fast paced environment
* Flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work
* Prioritising tasks to meet tight deadlines
* Ability to work as part of a team including:
* Planning and completing personal objectives
* Working as part of a wider team to ensure compliance with KPIs
* Providing face to face support and advice to customers across the business
* Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
* Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings and Structures and the Environment) or time served electrician
* Significant experience in Domestic Electrical Works or related field including:
* Experience of operating in an MOD environment
* Experience of the Asbestos at Work Act, DDA, energy performance, Sustainability, Legionella etc.
* Accredited Health & Safety Qualification
* Accredited Emergency First Aid Qualification
* Accredited training qualification in:
* Periodic Inspection and Testing
* 17th Edition (IET) Wiring Regulations
* Familiarisation with:
* WorkManager applications
* Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
If your CV clearly demonstrates the above then apply now!
Email or call (Apply online only)