|Job Ref:||204796631||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Post Code:||BS26||Salary:||£38000 - £48000/annum package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:18|
My client are a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. They operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. With a vast amount of offices they offer national coverage across all of its core activities. |
My client are looking to procure an experienced Planner to join their prestigious team based in Somerset. The successful candidate will have experience working in the construction industry, ideally for a main contractor.
* Develop and maintain the contractors plan in accordance to the contract
* Ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of the programme
* Communicate programme performance, time and outcomes in a timely way with stakeholders and the Project Managers and generate and realise teams
* Manage and control programme information
* Identify and allocate of resources and monitoring of budget and cost
* Accountable for implementing and promoting strong programme governance throughout the delivery of the project
* Assist the Control Manager with the financial progress and performance reporting and management of works programme
* Explore requirements of client and incorporate the same as best possible to have a competitive edge
* Understand the constraints, logistics, any site specific requirements and clear all doubts that may rise from reading the tender documents/drawings.
* Develop the tender programme into a fully integrated Design, procurement and project programme in co-ordination with the site management team.
* Attend tender handover meeting, discuss about the methodology and programme strategy and describe potential target that can be achieved, any ideas for improvement on time and cost etc.
* Develop short term programmes as per the requirements of the team to assist in managing micro elements of the project.
* Assess the effects of client changes to the contract programme and advice the management if any delay notices/Early warnings are to be raised for extension of time on the project.
* Conduct programme audits as required by senior management and submit independent report.
You will be qualified to HNC/HND level minimum. Knowledge of full MS Office suite including Project, Project Server and SharePoint is also essential.
If you are interested in this role please call Francesca on (Apply online only), email or click "Apply Now".
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy