|Job Ref:||204796016||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:18|
Kier Construction Northern is looking to recruit a Senior Buyer to support the commercial business function for projects in the Northern region.
The main purpose of the role is to support site in all procurement activities including tendering of all sub-contract packages, with a strong involvement in the procurement strategy for the project.
* Pre-construction involvement in design meetings, product selection, obtaining quotations for cost certainty, supply chain development
* Post contract duties include setting up supply chains for both material & subcontract packages, timely and effective processing of requisitions, material order negotiation and placement, maintaining of tracking documents, maintenance of purchasing database, continuous assessment of suppliers and subcontractors to pre-agreed KPI's.
* Contribute to, interrogate and develop commercial approach into working practices and deliver successful outcome
* Identify risk and set in place strategy for management and minimisation of risks at task level
* Tendering, negotiation and placement of sub-contract orders, chairing meetings when relevant, management and resourcing of suppliers and sub-contractors
* Value engineering and cost saving initiatives
* Chairing regular procurement reviews with Project Team
* Composing tender lists and action all tendering requirements from feasibility through to implementation.
* Comparison and analysing tender returns and making recommendations on awarding work.
* Involvement in pre-contract negotiation with subcontractors, involving construction and commercial team members.
* Contract preparation and issuing
* Educated to at least HNC/D Level in a construction discipline
* Excellent communicator - both oral and written
* Excellent IT skills - including use of procurement systems preferably COINS
* Committed and pro-active with adherence to quality
* Previous experience of sub-contract procurement
* Previous people co-ordination experience
* Previous experience of working for a main contractor
* Professional membership within construction industry
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer