|Job Ref:||204792594||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£75000 - £85000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:19|
Pre-Construction Manager - Cardiff |
We have a challenging, yet exciting opportunity become available in the Building Southern business unit and we are looking to recruit a Pre-Construction Manager who will report into our Area Director. The role will be based at their Cardiff office.
Innovative, strategic thinker who demonstrates bid winning flair, can hit deadlines & make decisions to help lead the Area Business Unit's provision of preconstruction services, and deliver against Regional and Divisional objectives.
* Effective management of the Regional Business Unit - Work Winning Dept, delivering preconstruction services within financial constraints to meet Business Plan objectives.
* Develop, lead, manage & maintain a preconstruction team to meet Business Unit objectives.
* Contribute to the effective management of the Regional Board.
* Identify winning bid themes, strategies and actions. Communicate and implement effectively.
* Standardise quality bid submissions & share best practice.
* Ensure design strategy is in place, risk analysed & summarised.
* Review and lead prime cost evaluation (prime cost guardian).
* Create/review technical submission.
* Adherence to tender process
* Receive, analyse and disseminate tender documents, including handling clarifications & amendments.
* Preparation of bid programmes & internal bid number & monitoring of progress against the programme.
* Ensure all bids are subject to correct adjudication and governance procedures e.g. bid: no bid criteria, sign offs and approvals.
* Standardise quality bid submissions and share best practice.
* Help develop, lead, manage & maintain a procurement strategy to meet objectives.
* Incorporate Delivering Excellence culture change programme through pre-construction activities
* Budgeting & Reporting
* Help develop an annual budget for preconstruction services & manage resources within agreed financial constraints.
* Monthly reporting on workflow forecasts & bid trend analysis information.
* Monitor, update & produce Regional Business Unit Approvals for Divisional & Group level.
* Produce data capture & feedback reports on live projects.
* Create a pipeline of opportunity that matches Business Unit criteria in collaboration with the business development function & through allocation of preconstruction resource.
* Lead, manage & advise on bidding to achieve defined success criteria that provide a secured forward order book to meet Business Unit Objectives, including PQQ & tender success rates.
* Develop new initiatives & pricing tactics. Prime cost guardian.
* Ensure the preconstruction team adheres to defined governance, correct adjudication & bid management processes & adequately hands over successful bids to delivery teams.
* Successful post tender negotiations.
* Design & implementation of continuous improvement strategies to improve quality & success rate of bidding.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Wide industry experience with a defined network/profile including defined preconstruction and/or bid experience & exposure to multi procurement & contract types
* Experienced in ICE, NEC & JCT forms of contract
* Experienced in planning as part of the tender process
* Suitable industry-based qualification i.e. ICE/RICS/CIOB
* People management, leadership and strong negotiation experience
* Good attention to detail
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact -Oliver Smith- at Edge Careers