|Job Ref:||204795392||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:19|
MB67 - Structures Design Team Leader|
Salary: Competitive + Car
First Military Recruitment are currently recruiting Structures Design Team Leader on behalf of our client based in Birmingham. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for an experienced Structures Design Engineer to join one of the UK's leading and established highways maintenance companies.
The Structures Design Team Leader will be responsible for developing technically robust projects in conjunction with their team and other disciplines within the organisation, the supply chain and the client. They will lead project management, risk management and will be technically accountable for the development of highways structures maintenance, strengthening and design schemes that they are allocated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Leading technical designs to ensure projects are robust and are buildable.
* Ensuring that team members are provided with clear direction to complete designs and take responsibility for developing and growing their team.
* Holding regular team meetings (to include sub-consultants) in order to plan the immediate work, co-ordinate disciplines and identify/escalate any risks on delivery.
* Managing the design within programme and within the budget provided.
* Managing and completing Technical Approval documentation and pro-actively liaising with Highways England Technical specialists.
* Managing resource allocations to ensure team members are fully utilised on the highest priority tasks.
* Identifying appropriate traffic management arrangements in conjunction with specialists to ensure projects are buildable and traffic management is fit for purpose.
* Liaising with the Deputy Structures Manager to engage support from other groups within Mouchel, Supply Chain Partners or Sub-Consultants when required.
* Ensuring that the requirements of all relevant Authorities and Statutory bodies are incorporated into designs as appropriate.
* Undertaking the checking of designs, studies and reports prepared by their team and providing effective feedback.
* Ensuring that all tender and contract documentation is prepared in accordance with MCHW and DMRB.
* Take and encourage a positive approach in relation to partnering with the Client, the supply chain and all other internal and external teams.
* Encouraging innovation and continuous improvement within the team and displaying sound independent judgement.
* Ensuring compliance with the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
* Complying with relevant Health & Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations and adopting a pro-active risk management/mitigation approach.
* Liaising with Delivery and commercial management teams as required to ensure build ability reviews are undertaken and projects navigate through to construction efficiently.
* Performing other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Chartered Engineer with ICE or MIStructE is essential.
* Strong technical skills and experience in a combination of bridge maintenance, strengthening and design.
* Proven project management of highway structures projects or tasks up to £2M and delivery to programme and budget in a safe environment.
* Display sound independent judgment.
* Developing, mentoring and supervision of Highway Structures staff.
* Robust working knowledge of highways Technical Approval standards (BD2/12 and or Technical Compliance).
* Experience in developing contract documents in accordance with relevant Highway contracts.
* To be able to work with or advise key clients on technical issues in the highway structures sector at a senior level.
* Ability to recognise defects on highway structures and recommend suitable repair options.
* Good communication and report writing skills commensurate with key client expectations.
* Good working knowledge of H&S procedures in the both the inspection of Highway Structures and also the CDM Regulations.
* Excellent communication skills with all key teams within the organisation to support the end to end delivery of projects from feasibility to construction.
* Strong commercial and programme risk management skills.
Salary: Competitive + Car