|Job Ref:||204795389||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Midlands / Central South||Address:||Salary:||£65000 - £75000/annum plus package||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:19|
Our client is a leading Main Contractor working across a wide range of sectors including Industrial/Distribution Centre, Care Homes and Residential projects. We are looking to add an experienced Project Manager to a large Production Team.|
As Project Manager the successful candidate will be the number 1 on jobs from preconstruction design through to handover to the client and ultimately responsible for programme, design, client liaison and project delivery.
As Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to throughout
- Lead and manage the project team to ensure consistent delivery of the project
- Prepare comprehensive reports for monthly project reviews to demonstrate HS&E, quality, process, operational and commercial performance and ensure that the project team receive adequate challenge, support and guidance
- Ensure that the project team is adequately resourced, led and managed to achieve targets and maintain high levels of commitment & morale
- Ensure that all staff understand their roles, responsibilities & performance expectations and operate competently
- Manage project set up and ensure it is adequately budgeted
- Ensure the early involvement of appropriate subcontractors in the project planning process; and ensure that all subcontract orders / warranties and professional appointments are placed in line with the Contract and programme
- Develop & maintain close relationships with customers, consultants & subcontractors to continuously improve customer experience
- Ensure that appropriate management systems and tools are used throughout the project team
- Ensure that the project team fully understand the design & specification requirements of their project; that subcontractors & suppliers are fully aware of these requirements and fulfil them; and that the Technical Standards Manager has been consulted about any potential issues
- Report to the Project Director on progress & issues
- Experience of Project Managing new build construction projects from £10m and upwards in value.
- CSCS (Black Card) & First Aid qualified, SMSTS is preferable
- Degree qualified or equivalent is desirable
- Main contractor experience working on similar projects
- Structural Steel Frame experience is essential.
Our client is a high profile main contractor with projects across the UK, to apply for this position email your CV for the attention of Dan Gevaux