|Job Ref:||204160080||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:36|
Senior Design Manager / Bid Manager - Building / Construction - West Mids. |
Why join this company???
It is planned for this role to progress to head of design management or head of bid management within the next two years depending on the route you wish to take.
This company are a top tier main contractor, boasting a well-known reputable brand, they have a very strong client base that will keep you busy for many years to come.
You will also have the opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects in the industry, including work on frameworks such as P21+ , they also get lots of repeat business in the private sector with a very high percentage being negotiated business.
Guaranteed local regional work!!!!
That's right this company will keep you busy working on projects based just in the West Midlands. Worried they won't have enough work in just this area, think again this employer is probably the busiest main contractor in the West Midlands and has been for many years.
Your role will be a mix of Preconstruction Design Management and Bid Management duties.
This role would be ideal for a Design Manager who can also see the bigger picture and wants to progress to managing the wider bid team.
What makes this role stand out most is definitely the career progression opportunity it presents as well as a chance to work on some really interesting projects, some of which are particularly iconic to the local area.
A Design Manager who will fit in well with this team will likely have the following attributes:
- You take pride in your work and enjoy seeing the difference your successful project makes not only to your client but the wider community.
- You have good leadership skills
- You have good client facing skills.
- You enjoy the challenge and competition of delivering a bid.
- You have an entrepreneurial nature.
- Previous employment as a Design Co-ordinator, D&B Coordinator, D&B Manager, Design Manager or Project Manager.
- Previous experience in building sector projects such as Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Apartment Blocks, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Extra Care Housing, MOJ, Industrial, Education or Healthcare.
- Previous Main Contractor employment, either regional or national builders.
- Good team player
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc.).
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
You will report to their office in Birmingham, with staff parking.
Please note you will also spend a lot of your time in the office but will also visit clients / stakeholders.
The successful Design Manager / Bid Manager will receive:
*£55,000 - £65,000 Basic (Dependent on experience)
*Car / Allowance
*Additional company benefits.
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency