|Job Ref:||204799684||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:37|
Application Support Analyst - (SQL / .NET)|
We currently have an interesting opportunity available for an Applications Support Analyst (SQL / .NET) for a client of ours based in London. Our client is a supplier of Microsoft SQL and .Net based applications for retailers. They are looking of an Application Support Analyst to work with their customers and their development team.
This role will provide daily support to both their external customers and internal users. External customer support will include software implementation, incident and problem management across the full suite of solutions.
Key responsibilities & tasks:
• Provide 2nd line service desk support to customers and internal users within agreed SLA
• Work alongside the 1st and 3rd line Support and Development teams to ensure the objectives of the Service department are met
• Assist the Management team with implementation projects when necessary
• Provide technical support to users requests for explanations where The Retail Suite software apparently operates unpredictably
• Undertake initial identification and investigation into reported Problems sufficient to provide the necessary information for 3rd Line Support to resolve the resulting Fault
• Write SQL data correction script, ad-hoc batch scripts and VBScript
• Notify 3rd Line Support of Faults, monitor progress and notify the Customer accordingly
• Deploy fault solutions to client sites.
Key skills required:
• Technical understanding of Windows operating systems
• Relevant knowledge to support the hardware
• Understanding of relational databases and experience of Microsoft SQL server.
• Strong skills of T-SQL.
• Strong people and communication skills
• Analytical approach to problem resolution
• Ability to identify recurring problems and provide input into root cause analysis
• Good working knowledge of office applications including Microsoft Office and Outlook
• Multi-tasking skills and ability to prioritise and cope with a changing environment
Experience of the Retail environment and practical experience of retail systems, such as EPOS and Merchandising
Other features of the role (e.g. travelling, shift hours etc):
Based in London although opportunities will arise for visits to customer and other sites
Average of 37.5 hours per week
Requirement to provide an 'out of office service' via mobile phone and laptop with remote access
To be considered for the Application Support (SQL, .NET) opportunity, please click APPLY