|Job Ref:||204365941||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£55000 - £70000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:37|
Design Manager - Building / Construction - London. |
Why join this company???
Guaranteed local regional work!!!
That's right this company will keep you busy working on projects based just in North East London, Central London, East London and South East London. Worried they won't have enough work in just this area, think again this employer is probably the busiest main contractor in London and has been for many years.
Want to work on the most interesting construction projects?
This company is definitely the place for you, they can offer you the chance to work on a diverse range of project sectors, they have secured a place on all the major public sector frameworks and are also very successful in the private sector too!
Best of Both Worlds
Looking for the security of working for a big company, with a big brand behind you but fed up of being treated like just another number?
This company can offer you best of both, despite being a national name in the building sector, the companies business model is actually split up into regions built off the back of previously acquired smaller regional businesses.
So you will work with a close knit regional team in a relaxed and professional environment, reporting into the head of design management who has a friendly and down to earth management style and is also passionate about developing his design management team further, seeking the best talent and in return rewarding staff with a good work life balance, career progression and competitive salary & benefits.
In short the role will involve all the usual duties you would expect of a Construction Design Manager, attending design team meetings, liaising with external consultants and sub-contractors , value engineering etc........
That's just the duties which you already know and do day in day out.
What's interesting about this role is that you will get to work on a variety of project sectors and given the growth of the business the is plenty of opportunity for career progression.
A Design Manager who will fit in well with this team will likely have the following attributes:
- You take pride in your work and enjoy seeing the difference your successful project makes not only to your client but the wider community.
- You strive for high quality, like the challenge of seeking new solutions and troubleshooting. A problem solver by nature.
- Previous employment as a Design Co-ordinator, D&B Coordinator, D&B Manager or Design Manager.
- Previous experience in building sector projects such as Commercial, Mixed Use, Residential, Apartment Blocks, Student Accommodation, Hotels, Extra Care Housing, MOJ, Industrial, Education or Healthcare.
- Previous Main Contractor employment, either regional or national builders.
- Good team player, with a friendly and personable approach.
- Someone with preconstruction / tender experience would also add extra value but it's not essential and on the basis this company already have live projects to get someone started on live works design management experience is more the priority.
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC etc.).
The successful Design Manager will receive:
*£55,000 - £70,000 Basic (Dependent on experience)
*Car / Allowance
*Additional company benefits.
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency