|Job Ref:||204798964||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:37|
Symfony 2, mod_perl, EXTJS)|
Technical Delivery Director is required by London based education software house. This is a highly hands-on development role, managing and leading a small team of skilled Developers. This role will also play an integral part in the company's strategic direction, development and future growth. The Technical Delivery Director will be responsible for establishing the company's technical vision and lead all aspects of the company's technology and product development. This role would suit an experienced Development Manager with significant experience who is looking for the next step.
Strategy & Planning -
* Identify technology trends and evolving social behaviour that may support or impede the success of the business.
* Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services.
* Communicate the company's technology strategy to management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
Implementation & Deployment -
* Collaborate with the founders and potential customers to develop use cases (or user stories) and specifications that describe the implementation of the company's services as a web application.
* Select or define the company's software development methodology.
* Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
* Maintain web analytics regime that measures site traffic and application usage relative to business goals.
* Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization's management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
* Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
* Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
* Significant Development Manager / Technology leadership experience in a development environment.
* Hands-on experience coding in more than one of Symfony 2, mod_perl, EXTJS
* Knowledge of web standards.
* Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
* Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
* Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
* Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
* Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
For a full consultation on this pivotal role please email your CV or call Rebecca Collings on (Apply online only)