|Job Ref:||204798765||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Wiltshire||Address:||Post Code:||BA15||Salary:||£25000 - £28000/annum Pension, Bonus||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:39|
Support Engineer |
Salary - Upto £28K + Pension + Private Health, 25 days holiday.
A major player within the Industrial sector are eager to secure the services of an experienced Support Engineer. The ideal Support Engineer will have 2-3 years experience working within an IT Support role and will be comfortable with the installation, configuration and trouble shooting of windows server operating systems. As well as this you will also be able to work on very exciting project work, and you will have responsibility for supporting an in house software application.
- Providing out of hours telephone support as part of a support rota.
- Responding to customer requests for technical assistance.
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Performing first level fixes such as restarting services and issuing fix information for known problems.
- Documenting customer calls within support tracking software.
- Take ownership of customer support problems and follow up the status of the problem on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
- Assist Project Engineering on a as needed basis.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer-handling skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Knowledge of basic networking.
Supporting an in house software application.
- Knowledge of server virtualization would be an advantage.
- Basic Database/SQL understanding/skills
- Full UK driving licence.
HND/HNC or Bachelor degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent work experience
This is a rapidly expanding organisation that really will support your development and offer exciting projects to work on. If you are interested please hurry as this role wont be available for long