|Job Ref:||204798678||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£18000/annum + Fantastic Career Prospects||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:39|
Phenomenal opportunity to work within a hugely exciting large Technical Events Production company! This On-Site AV Technician role will be based on site at one of their most presitigious Manchester Venues and will offer the chance to work as part of a fantastic team!|
On Site AV Technician - Events
£18,000 + Fantastic Career Prospects
Overview of Employer
Our client is looking to recruit a driven and highly experienced AV Technician to operate within a leading Manchester venue. The venue presently deliver a full cross section of live events, ranging from meetings, conferences, exhibitions and dinners to high profile televised music productions.
You will be part of a small in-house technical team, dealing with day to day delivery of events, management of assets and liaison with clients. Ideal candidates will have the technical capabilities across the areas of AV, lighting, sound, staging and rigging.
- Installation, management and operation of audio visual equipment on-site as required.
- Liaise with the Branch Manager and Project Managers to provide support and advice with audio visual requirements.
- Build strong and sustainable customer relationships with new and existing customers
- Maintain customer contact throughout project duration, ensuring that the project reaches a satisfactory conclusion.
- Report back at the end of each project any shortfalls in working practices and possible improvements.
- Assist in the technical preparation of equipment, as directed by the Branch or Project Managers, to ensure that the equipment meets both the company`s and the client's standards, including liaising with warehouse staff, account handlers and other project managers.
- Act as a company representative onsite where required, ensuring the correct behaviour of any freelance crew.
- Ad hoc duties as required and as directed by the Branch Manager or other company Management.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety, corporate, client and legislative standards across the function.
Key skills essential to the role:
- Face to face client handling and liaison
- First line technical troubleshooting in a time sensitive environment.
- Management of subcontractors and suppliers during event setup and delivery.
- Operation of audio equipment including digital mixers, microphones and recording devices
- Operation of AV equipment including projectors, graphics switching and distribution systems, cameras and recording devices.
- Sensitivity and a consideration for the parameters of delivering events within an events venue
- Excellent knowledge of MS PowerPoint and Keynote
This role is based on 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm
You may be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods in order to meet the demands of the business, including overseas travel as required.
Common Technical equipment systems
- Analogue way switchers - Quickvu
- Signal conversion (HDMI/VGA/DVI/SDI) - Blackmagic, Kramer etc
- Christie projection
- Plasma/LCD displays
- Cue and countdown systems
- Laptops - Mac and PC
- Yamaha digital audio desks - QL5, QL1, TF1
- EM Acoustic Speakers
- Shure wireless microphones
- Amplifiers and audio system control
- Avolights lighting desks
- Lighting dimming and power distribution systems.
- A wide variety of generic, LED and moving light fixtures
This is a SUPERB opportunity for an AV Technician looking for a change in their career to join a vibrant and exciting team! Do not hesitate to get in touch with Gemma today!
Email: gemma@maidayrecruit .NA