|Job Ref:||204798384||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Salary:||£27000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:39|
• Starting from £27,000.
This company is a family owned company and market leader within UK retail catering based in Sheffield, the company now operates over 120 Cafés and Restaurants throughout the UK and employs almost 2,000 people.
The Systems and Data Controller is a key role in helping to achieve the Operational objectives. With a strong background in system implementation, maintenance, IT solutions and data analytics the post holder will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and developing new. The post holder will also ensure that users at Head Office and Retail sites are adequately informed about the use of systems appropriate to their roles. You will report to the Project Co-ordinator and are accountable to the Board of Directors.
The Systems and Data Controller supports the business systems and takes control of Epos working in partnership with Marketing, Food Development, Accounts and Operations at retail sites and Head Office. The role involves the generation of analytical systems and reports that meet the requirements of the business.
• Work autonomously as well as within a team, contributing to the implementation of the IT and Epos department strategy.
• Produce and implement work plans that are driven by SMART targets.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with Directors, hardware and software providers, Operational teams and Head Office personnel.
• Any other duties deemed within the remit of the role by the Project Co-ordinator or Directors.
• The post holder must be prepared to travel locally, regionally and nationally, with possible overnight stays.
• The post holder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the business.
• The post holder must have access to roadworthy and reliable transport and be able to travel around the UK as and when needed.
• Ordering and installing Epos Hardware.
• Regular updates on software.
• Developing Epos software to suit our business.
• Data generation and transfer.
• Legacy system management.
• Ordering and installing PCs.
• Asset management.
• Network management.
Internal Communications and Reporting
• Liaise directly with the Project Co-ordinator.
• Report quarterly to the Directors.
• Support the development of retail and head office personnel.
Benefits & Rewards
• Starting from £27,000 depending on experience and skills.
Essential Skills and Qualities
• Minimum A level or equivalent in IT.
• Creating and maintaining advanced excel spreadsheets.
• Working with analytics and data analytics in the hospitality sector.
• Able to prioritise and organise work load.
• Good time management skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Extremely competent in the use of EPoS software programmes.
• Ability to give clear instructions.
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations and work under pressure.
• Excellent report presentation, oral and written.
• IT Knowledge: Microsoft Office/Excel/EPOS/T-SQL.
• A knowledge of accounting, data management and analytics.
• Great communication and people skills.
• Positive attitude.
• At least three years working in systems management.
• A good level of T-SQL.
• An understanding of accounting and payroll.
How to Apply
• Call us immediately to register your interest for this position on NA.
• Alternatively visit our Head Office in Rotherham or email your up to date CV to us.
About Industrial Personnel / IP Executive
Industrial Personnel have been successfully placing candidates into jobs for 21 years. We are only as good as the last vacancy we filled. We believe in deeds, not words. Our in-house specialists can offer advice on everything from CV preparation to interview techniques.
What we do is simple; we place people in work. We have unrivalled success because we care about those people, and those that they work for....
• Executive Search and Selection
• Distribution & Logistics
• Industrial Sector