|Job Ref:||204797426||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£350 - £450/day||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
Translator (Intelligence) - up to £450/ day - 6 month contract - Kent*|
Security Clearance: Must already hold SC clearance due to the nature of the work.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of our key defence clients near Kent, who are looking for an Intelligence Translator to join their team. The translation requirement has been identified to support the analysis of recovered documents and electronic media in support of ongoing operations in Theatre. Due to the nature of this analysis and the support it can provide to operation in Theatre, the translation and analysis of this material needs to be conducted and reported within tight timescales and can require the translator to work directly alongside analysts.
Key tasks and deliverables:
* Accurately translate documents, set texts, messages and recovered media from Arabic to English within tight timescales to support ongoing operation
* To provide tactical analytical support to assist in cartel intelligence gathering and analysis and cartel investigations under the criminal and civil regimes.
* To review intelligence and / or investigation material and advice the case team leader on the most appropriate way to collate, analyse and present it for the purposes of the proposed criminal prosecution and / or civil proceedings.
* To analyse and associate intelligence and / or investigation material to identify key evidence, potential further lines of inquiry and primary witnesses
Essential skills and experience:
* Ideally could embed with SMA team in Q13
* Security cleared to deal with UK S EO material (SC or above)
* Fluent in Arabic - ability to translate handwritten and printed Arabic script
* Ability to accurately translate large amounts of data and information in short timeframes
* Proficient with IT systems (word/excel/PowerPoint)
* Ability to prioritise tasks under pressure
* Ability to precis issues to key points and write clear reports
Desirable skills and experience:
* Knowledge of different Arabic dialects
* Cultural awareness and knowledge of the Middle East
* Knowledge of scientific language (technical/forensic) - engineering background would be ideal
* Awareness of military environments