|Job Ref:||204797369||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chippenham||Address:||Post Code:||SN15||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
CCS Product Owner|
To support the Communications and Control solutions strategic vision by working in a Product Owner role as part of the Product Management team.
The purpose of the role is to take ownership and drive the development of Capita's next generation Control Room Solutions.
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Product Owner will be the internal customer for development activities for their respective areas within the CCS portfolio, empowered to focus and drive the team ensuring new solutions are delivered in-line with Capita strategies and solution requirements.
Scope of role
As the internal customer, the Product Owner is responsible for ensuring the solutions being developed are in line with the overall product strategy whilst ensuring solution and business objectives are being met.
A self starter, the successful candidate will be well organized, operating with minimal supervision whilst enthusing and motivating colleagues and peers.
The Product Owner will be responsible for the successful implementation of the Product vision.
The Product Owner will be empowered to focus, drive and guide the software, architectural and systems engineering teams, ensuring delivered solutions satisfy business requirements whilst assuring quality and commercial readiness of the solutions.
The Product Owner will also at times deputize for the Product Manager
The successful candidate must possess a unique blend of business and technical knowledge with the ability to see the bigger picture and the drive to make that vision a reality. Predominantly internally focused, you must strive to deliver innovative solutions for the broader market as Capita extends its footprint both in terms of vertical markets and geographic territories.
Reporting to the TBD you will be responsible for:
* Taking the overall solution strategy and roadmap to provide tactical day to day focus and direction of the development and architectural teams for your respective areas.
* Definition and ownership of all functional, non functional and programme requirements ensuring appropriate prioritisation against business objectives.
* Definition, ownership, prioritisation and management of the product backlog.
* Tracking of internal deliverables and feature set against business requirements and industry trends.
* Facilitating customer engagement at the appropriate levels throughout the life of the programme.
* Validation and approval of all user cases and user stories.
* Validation and acceptance of the customer user experience.
* Approval of all acceptance criteria whilst following behavioural driven development techniques.
* Responsible for assuring quality and commercial readiness.
* Support of the creation of the training, service and support collateral.
* Support of training of the Sales, Service, Support and Channel Partners.
* Addressing of any in-life customer related Product issues.
* Management and prioritisation of solution defects.
* Working with the Product and Software Development Managers with regards to the definition and scheduling of software functional and maintenance releases.
* Responsible for the transition and release of new solutions to service ensuring all attributes are in place for successful end to end delivery.
* 3rd party interface to external companies whose sub systems interface with the product.
* Supporting Product Management for other duties where required.
Degree qualified or better in a Technical discipline
Previous experience as a Product Owner or Solutions Architect ideally from a Systems Integration Delivery environment.
Experience of Control Room operations for the Emergency Services and other responders
* Good leadership skills
* Understanding of architectural and sub-system design
* Strong written communication and presentation skills
* Experience of TETRA and/or other PMR communications
* Experience of call handling/contact centre solutions
* Familiarity of software/solution development methodologies.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us