|Job Ref:||204797218||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||Norwich||Address:||Post Code:||NR3||Salary:||£350 - £400/day + Non Negotiable||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
Data Migration Manager - (Contract) Rate £400 / day (Non Negotiable)|
We are recruiting a Data Migration Manager on behalf of the local authority. This is a long term contract opportunity (2 Years).
The role is responsible for developing the data migration strategy, providing technical leadership, leading the delivery of the data migration for the Social Care System and managing the data migration team to achieve the required standards and planning/allocating resources to deliver to the right quality on time. The data migration from CareFirst to the new Social Care System is pivotal to the success of the Social Care System Re-procurement project.
The data migration from CareFirst to the new Social Care System is pivotal to the success of the Social Care System Re-procurement project and NCC's continuing duties in providing early help, social care and children's services.
The post holder will be responsible for:
* Developing migration strategy and approach ahead of contract award and developing an agreed joint approach with the chosen supplier following contract award
* Developing policy and approach with business managers and Head of Information Management Service
* Developing and securing agreement to archive and retrieval approach for data not migrated to the new system
* Working with the programme and project managers to develop and track agreed migration plans
* Developing an approach to enable improved standards of data capture by current system users ahead of the migration to avoid new errors in data in the run up to migration
* Develop approach for correcting known errors that cannot be corrected in the current system
* Ensuring test and other records not relating to social care case management are excluded from the migration
* Managing all data preparation and cleansing activities
* Working with the Business Lead and other managers to ensure that the data migration aligns with business resources and meets business requirements.
* Educated to degree/professional level in relevant field.
* Industry recognised technical training and development
* ITIL Foundation
* PRINCE 2 foundation
* 3 years' min IT management experience
* Demonstrable experience of people management
* Expert technical knowledge of the Data migration approaches and technologies
* Knowledge and understanding of wider technical infrastructure including network, server, desktop and database environments
* Knowledge of NCC's business processes and systems and the ability to work with business managers and customers to apply technical solutions to meet business needs
* Candidates must have previous experience of a Social Care system migration project, preferably with experience in CareFirst or Liquid Logic systems