|Job Ref:||204796895||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
JOB TITLE: Enterprise Architect|
DURATION: 6 - 12 Months contract (option available for further renewals)
DAILY RATE: Highly competitive (dependent on level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV Clearance is required for this vacancy prior to project commencement
Capita TRACS is currently recruiting for a heavy-hitting and business-focused Enterprise Architect to take a strategic view and play a major role in shaping the client organisation, primarily seeking to ensure cohesion between the business and the technology strategy, producing an integrated set of strategies, policies and architectures which support the business in achieving its goals.
This is a very unique and high-level role in that the Enterprise Architect will be defining the project and be responsible for developing and providing capability roadmaps which frame the overall enterprise design ensuring proper orchestration between business lines.
The variants on the role are:
* Line of Business Architect (Principal Architect)
The Line of Business Architect owns the end-to-end architecture for a specific business capability providing a single architectural decision making authority within that area. They have primary accountability within that business capability for maintaining a holistic technology and business view, understanding implications of core business problems & driving the Organisation technology response and liaising on business strategy and capability development. The Line of Business Architect will identify required technology changes to achieve business and/or programme objectives.
The Line of Business Architect will build and manage trust and relationships with key stakeholders influencing and advising on business consideration and options providing an appropriate level of technical guidance to help steer the business requests.
* Portfolio Architect (Principal architect/Senior Architect)
Portfolio Architects support and drive the development of the overall delivery plan. They are responsible for coordinating or doing elaboration and high-level solution development based on the strategic roadmaps generated by the line of Line of Business Architect.
In doing this, the Portfolio Architect will prioritise candidates then scope and elaborate solutions to a level that allows them to be executed as part of a delivery work package. The objective is to ensure that solutions are viable when they enter delivery and that key areas of change and wider impacts are understood and have been worked through.
Project deliverables and responsibilities
* Triage all business need to best route into projects, programmes or delivery
* Business problem elaboration, business department roadmap production
* Work to remove duplicate business capability being developed across the Organisation
* Strategic target State topic elaboration (produce roadmap to delivery)
* Pre-Project Market Scan for the Organisation wide Enterprise component
* Presentations to business lead, Directors/deputy Directors
* Influence portfolio or project scope to achieve strategic outcomes
* Identify strategic opportunities or capture technical debt to feed into future years portfolios
Qualification and Experience
* DV Clearance is required for this vacancy prior to project commencement.
* Excellent ability to lead the design and integration of complex applications on an enterprise wide basis.
* Strong experience in dealing with and managing expectation of senior stakeholders.
* Strong experience of working with external delivery suppliers and contractors.
* Strong knowledge and experience of using enterprise modelling tools (e.g. Troux).
* An excellent understanding of project and programme methodologies along with architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or Zachman.
* Practical experience of development in either Waterfall or Iterative (e.g. SCRUM).
* Strong experience of owning & designing parts of a portfolio of work that is complex and integrated.
* Appreciation of infrastructure, application or data architectures and design patterns.
* Experience developing strategic roadmaps.
* Experience working with complex end to end solutions made up of multi-vendor enterprise technologies.
* Experience of systems/solutions processing large datasets or high volumes of data.
Please be aware that DV security clearance is required for this vacancy. We would highly recommend that you research this level of clearance before applying to avoid any disappointment.
Duration: 6 - 12 Months (option available for further renewals)
Daily Rate: Highly Competitive (dependent on level of experience)
Please apply immediately with your most recent copy of your CV, ensuring the start and end dates of past projects / employment are correct.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita TRACS is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us