|Job Ref:||204796750||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Byfleet||Address:||Post Code:||KT14||Salary:||£19000 - £20000/annum + sponsored training||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
Our client are a multi award winning server colocation provider based in Byfleet Surrey and we are looking for a rotating day / night shift first line IT support technician. Candidates will be required to work 'shift hours' and provide support for our existing customer base within the data centre. |
Our client provide an exceptional professional sponsored training scheme which will see you achieve your: CompTIA A+, N+, Server+ and your CCNA.
A basic knowledge of the following will be required:
• Windows 2003 / 2008 administration
Duties expected to be carried out:
• First Line Technical Support (Keeping customers informed and up to date via our ticketing system and by phone)
• Basic Server Administration
• Basic Network/Switch Administration
• Server Cabinet Provisioning
• Cable Runs and Patching
• Domain registration/renewal support
• Website hosting support / Email and DNS configuration
• Installing and maintaining a Windows Server Operating system
• Operational checks on network security and mechanical & electrical equipment
• Basic security checks, monitoring and access authorisation
The right candidate will be expected to work with the existing day shift support staff to ensure a smooth handover of any on-going issues and updates on any projects they are currently working on. This will be an ideal position for someone who wants to gain experience of working in a rapidly growing commercial data centre. On the job training and qualification building is part of the development programme offered to all technical engineers and where possible, our client pays for all examinations costs and qualification building costs.
Please contact Nick Shepherd on (Apply online only) for more information on this vacancy and to discuss your suitability to this and other fantastic opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Innovate Recruitment Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business