|Job Ref:||204796487||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
Release Engineer required to join a Global Technology giant based in Liverpool.|
The Release Engineer working within QA Engineering - Release Engineering team will work under direction of the department Senior Release Engineer and will provide international release engineering services. Work closely with Development, Quality Assurance, Database Development and IT Systems to promote and maintain continuous build and integration systems.
The chosen candidate will be hands on with day-to-day support of the key services actively providing build, packaging and delivery services.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
• Working with development and release leaders, maintain established build systems, create reporting, providing status updates and refresh environments for testing using established WWS QA Engineering - Release Engineering procedures.
• Will be expected to translate release engineering process and procedures to host and maintain customized automated build, packaging and delivery systems.
• Assist leaders in timely debugging of build failures.
• Develop and maintain build scripts in Perl or other scripting language consistently following SIE's coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.
• Support latest build test environments and delivery processes; facilitate/participate troubleshooting issues to root cause.
• Perform pre and post-production submission support.
• Working with WWS QA Engineering - Release Engineering leadership to drive continuous improvement. Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities providing excellent service in a timely fashion.
Required Knowledge / Skills:
• Knowledge and experience with at least one build release and configuration management concept such as: source branching/merging, integration, automation testing, environment management, release and deployment. Mobile technologies a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with the use and customization of at least a few modern tools used in Agile Scrum environments to support build automation, continuous integration and delivery, such as Nant, Nuget, MSBuild, Team Foundation Server, or Jenkins.
• Experience with both Windows and Linux administration. Android and IOS mobile environments a plus.
• Fluency in at least one scripting language such as Perl or Python.
• Candidate must have a solid understanding of software product life cycle, continuous integration & testing concepts, and configuration management.
• Good communication, facilitation, and presentation skills.
• Must be able to work successfully in cross-functional team environments.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and be detail-oriented.
• Excellent organizational abilities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent technical problem solving skills
Required Experience :
• Minimum of 3-5 years in technical software build & release engineering position/environment or equivalent.
• Fluency with tools used to execute build automation, continuous integration and delivery.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented, organized, accurate with information, solution oriented.
• Administration of at least one source code revision control system, extensively beyond checkin/checkout is a must.
• Previous experience directly collaborating with peer teams.
• Computer Science Degree or technical field or equivalent preferred.
• Experience automating integration, testing and delivery of MS SQL Server 2008 database objects, packages and jobs.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and DevOps.
If you are flexible and looking for an excellent career opportunity please get in touch for further details