|Job Ref:||204795091||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chalfont St Peter||Address:||Salary:||£20000 - £28000/annum + benefits||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
This 2nd line IT Support Technician is for a company that provide managed IT services to businesses and schools across the UK. They have a special focus on organisations that recognise investing in IT and people. All of the team have a friendly and approachable nature which has been a key aspect to success as an IT provider. Fitting into the company`s culture and enhancing the existing team is a must.|
This exciting new role has come about to strengthen the existing team as part of a continued growth plan. As a key member of the team you will actively participate in the delivery of support for both new and existing clients. As part of the wider support function you'll also be responsible for proactively managing customer solutions to ensure that their systems are maintained at the optimum level and that projects are implemented and documented effectively.
- The role will be split fairly evenly between the office and customer sites providing support and new or upgrade work.
- Provide office based support services to customers using appropriate remote tools, phone and video conferencing as well.
- A key aspect of the role will involve project preparation tasks as well as supporting the technical team in an escalation role.
- Onsite duties will include troubleshooting as well as project delivery.
- All areas of work undertaken should be completed in a way to maintain efficiency and minimise repeat occurrences which follows the mantra of fixing the issue first time.
- The position will include an element of on call support work on a fair rota split between the team.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of working in similar IT Support role.
- A high degree of technical knowledge in the Windows/Cloud arena.
- Ability to install and administer Windows server and desktop OS`s.
- Ability to install and administer Linux.
- Understanding of wireless network technologies; implementation and support.
- Understanding of routers; NAT and firewall services.
- Understanding of web hosting and public domain hosting.
- Knowledge of VoIP; how it works and keys support areas.
- Understanding of network topologies and email technologies.
- Fantastic interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- A dedication to developing and learning new technologies.
- A full driving licence and access to vehicle.
A positive and motivated attitude is more important than being able to display all of the above skills if you have some of the skills but are still training. The company are energetic, friendly and helpful. They will make sure you enjoy work and get all the training you need to grow in an office environment. They're looking for a real team member - this is no place for just being a number.
Benefits of working for the company include, a competitive salary, a perks package, pension, continued training and certification with partner companies, regular events, rewards and other incentives. Due to work in schools and business with specific security requirements a clean Enhanced DBS is required and will be completed if successfully placed.
If you have the skills and experience required, please apply today.
Keywords: IT Support, IT Support Technician, Linux, IT Installer/Administrator, IT, Information Technology Support.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to (url removed) for further consideration