|Job Ref:||204794896||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
Title: Senior IT Support Technician|
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum
Job type: Full time
Our company client is a widely known organisation who are actively looking to appoint a driven and innovative Senior IT Support Technician for their office based in Manchester. The successful candidate will play a key role within the firm and will be reporting to Head of IT. For this position, travel to other offices (Manchester, London, Hong Kong, New York) will be minimal but required on occasion. This is an outstanding opportunity to achieve a highly lucrative and rewarding career.
Role purpose and major duties:
* Reporting to and advising the Head of IT
* Support and maintenance of all global IT Services including but not limited to VDI, CRM, Databases, Networks and Servers.
* Key tasks will include but not be limited to the 2nd/3rd line support of all IT infrastructure including networks, VDI environments, telephony and other services.
* Join the IT team as a technical escalation point for the support and development team, supporting a variety of infrastructure and software issues.
* Get involved in varying project-based work, managing infrastructure projects to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of production systems.
Key Technical Disciplines for this position cover the following:
* Windows Server up to 2012 R2
* Windows Client 7,8,10 & Embedded.
* Office365 / ADFS / Mimecast
* Active directory / group policy
* Networks (DNS, VLAN, MPLS, VPN)
* Cisco ASA / Firepower Services
* Cisco Meraki (Switches and Wireless)
* F5 Big IP , SQL / SSRS / SSAS
* Cisco UCUM, VMWare & Hyper-V
* Audio / Visual
* Excellent fault finding/troubleshooting ability
* Windows OS (Windows 7, 8 and 10, Server 2008 and 2012), Active Directory, SQL Server, Networking, VoIP, Cisco UCUM, Cisco Meraki, Cisco ASA, Anti-virus, Office 2013, Exchange and Office 365. Any application development or scripting experience would be advantageous
* Years' Experience: 3 years+ (ideally with exposure to desktop, server and infrastructure operations in a medium to large business)
* Qualifications: MCSE, MCITP-EA, MCTS and or other MS Certifications, VCP, relevant Cisco qualifications or experience. Other relevant qualifications
* Personality metrics: A strong communicator and proactive team player (friendly, credible, articulate and proactive) that can work with an ambitious sales force.
If you have the relevant experience and skills for this role, please send your CV by clicking Apply Now