|Job Ref:||204794575||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£26000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
Application Monitoring Specialist|
Located in Solihull with a salary of £26,000 - £29,000 plus 15% shift allowance
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They work with 8 of the top 10 UK insurers, 4 of the top 10 global insurers and over 40% of UK Brokers.
They are currently recruiting for a Application Monitoring Specialist in their Solihull office on a permanent basis.
As an Application Monitoring Specialist you will provide proactive services to our customers by monitoring the performance of their applications and scheduled tasks. From reviewing trends of performance using various monitoring tools and planning relevant activities, you will ensure our customer applications maintain their availability and performance, achieving customer satisfaction through agreed service levels. Responsible for identifying the severity and impact of alerts issued by the monitoring tools and taking the appropriate actions, along with Incident Management and Managed Application Services Application Consultant teams, you will ensure limited or no impact to our customers' applications.
You will also provide trend analysis to highlight potential areas of concern and improvement, along with a proposed plan for resolution.
Our roles work on a shift basis of 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am 4 days on 4 days off and 4 nights on 4 nights off. The is open to our customers 362 days
of the year so you will be paid a shift allowance of 15%.
What experience we look for from you:-
* Must have strong Application Monitoring experience
* Experience of working in an ITIL framework Service Desk environment with knowledge of ITIL v3 - Incidents, Service Requests, Events, Change and Problem Management Processes
* Working and troubleshooting knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Scripting, Java, database backups/restoration, transaction logs, indexing
* Command level understanding of Microsoft SQL & Querying
* Experience using Service Desk Management Tools
* Knowledge of Monitoring Tools such as Solarwinds and Dynatrace.
* Understanding of application layer services that can be monitored
* Familiarity with SQL/DB2 databases and Virtual Machines, Disk quotas, Windows Event logs, Database Transaction Logs
* Knowledge of one or more areas/sub-systems of an application, its technical development environment and the database structure would be advantageous
* A working knowledge of Windows OS, VMWare, Citrix, LAN, Webserver
If this would be of interest then please send a copy of your CV to us and we will do the rest