|Job Ref:||204794493||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£26000 - £29000/annum + 15% Shift allowance||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
Managed Application Services (MAS) Consultant|
Solihull with a salary of £26,000 - £29,000 plus 15% shift allowance
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They work with 8 of the top 10 UK insurers, 4 of the top 10 global insurers and over 40% of UK Brokers.
As a MAS Consultant you will provide services to our customers by analysing any issues identified by our Application Monitoring team with the aim of determining the root cause of any issues, along with proposals for resolution. Responsible for carrying out very detailed analysis and triage, reviewing application logs, server logs, analysing pure path data and sometimes reviewing down to the line of code causing an issue. If necessary, you will manage the issue with the relevant expert teams within SSP to determine root cause and resolution. The aim of this is to ensure our customers' applications maintain availability and performance, achieving Customer satisfaction through agreed service levels. You will work closely with our Application Monitoring team to carry out trend analysis to highlight potential areas of concern and improvement, along with a proposed plan for resolution.
Our roles work on a shift basis of 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am 4 days on 4 days off and 4 nights on 4 nights off. SSP is open to our customers 362 days of the year so you will be paid a shift allowance of 15%.
What experience we look for from you
* Strong Application Monitoring experience
* (url removed), C#.net development experience in order to analyse and step through the code as part of incident triage.
* Experience of working with web based applications/web services.
* Experience of working in an ITIL framework Service Desk environment with knowledge of ITIL v3 - Incidents, Service Requests, Events, Change and Problem Management Processes
* Working and troubleshooting knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Scripting, Java, database backups/restoration, transaction logs, indexing
* Command level understanding of Microsoft SQL & Querying
* Experience using Service Desk Management Tools
* Knowledge of Monitoring Tools such as Solarwinds and Dynatrace.
* Understanding of application layer services that can be monitored
* Familiarity with SQL/DB2 databases and Virtual Machines, Disk quotas, Windows Event logs, Database Transaction Logs
* Knowledge of one or more areas/sub-systems of an application, its technical development environment and the database structure would be advantageous
* A working knowledge of Windows OS, VMWare, Citrix, LAN, Webserver
If this would be of interest then please send a copy of your CV to us and we will do the rest