|Job Ref:||204793016||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oxford||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £65000/annum + benefits + relocation||Post Date:||15/10/2016 03:41|
Senior Systems Software Engineer Oxford, UK £50-65k + benefits|
If you enjoy an innovative, creative, agile and fun development environment then this Oxford based start-up could be a great place for you. The company is involved with the development of sophisticated computer vision systems involving remote digital video monitoring for medical and healthcare applications.
The team is small but growing and its members are enthusiastic, creative, proactive and driven individuals with good academic backgrounds and a great team ethic. They seek a similar individual to join the team and bring experience as a systems developer to drive the production and deployment of their unique software
The systems developer will be responsible for developing the software and systems, making it ready for rolling out to large numbers of embedded devices spread across multiple end user sites, and for developing and maintaining internal systems for testing the software and supporting algorithm development.
The systems developer / senior software engineer will need a good history of writing C++ applications for Linux, and their configuration, packaging and deployment using a variety of scripting languages and tools.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• A degree or similar in a relevant discipline would be great (e.g. computer science, software engineering)
• Exceptional OO C++ programming ability (11/14 ideally) with STL and Boost or ZeroMQ or others
• Extensive experience on Linux, including software development, debugging and deploying
• Excellent scripting abilities (e.g. Python, Bash)
• Scripting languages for building and deploying code - Python, Bash
• Able to configure and deploy software
Beneficial / More:
• Also the company would be interested in people with backgrounds working on the development of complex high performance software systems, perhaps with complex user interfaces (e.g. CAD / CAE software, simulation and analysis software tools, animation or complex modelling systems, perhaps safety critical aerospace, medical or automotive related software.)
• Experience with Dev Ops tools for configuration management, automation and remote deployment (e.g. Chef, Docker, Ansible, Vagrant)
If you love bringing great software to life in embedded devices, learning new cool stuff, and enjoy working in an energetic, and outgoing team, then please get in touch